UNFORTUNATELY REALITY

My boyfriend of 2 years left me. He said he's over me and I understand that! The thing is, now I don't know how to let him go. I'm so tempted to talk to him again and I know by dating another person I truely will never get over him. And unlike him, I was actually madly in love and I guess I saw the little signals but never paid attention to them.

ANY SUGGESTIONS TO WHAT I SHOULD DO? :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• I've been in your shoes. It was hard but I got over the jerk and met a man who I'm not married to.

Distract yourself with reading, doing something creative, hang out with friends....
    Anonymous

• *now married to
    Anonymous

• I swear I'm trying to EVERYTHING... shopping, going out, talking on the phone, work, visiting family, but ever little thing I do reminds me of him, whether it's a commerical, or a book, or a joke, or even a store.. smell.. flashback.

I'm head before heels over him and literally hit rock bottom :(
    Anonymous

• You just sort of have to grieve his departure from your life, including any routine you shared, etc. Try changing it up and making a new routine, different coffee joints, gym, restaurants, bars, etc. What you're doing is right by seeing family and just trying. I honestly think you need time. Breakups are rough but in a while, it will get better. Whatever you do, keep as busy as possible and don't call him. I'm sorry for your hurt but it will get better, you have to just cope through the hurt knowing there is light at the end of the tunnel. Someone who appreciates you is out there, so hang in there.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:20 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I know what you are going through. I am just taking life day by day. I will never stop being in love with my ex, especially because I know deep down we are meant to be together and we will be at some point.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:33 PM on May. 10, 2009

• thanks for all the support..!
    Anonymous

• It takes time. You have to deal with the death of a relationship so there is a grief process and it's never fast to go through that. If it lingers though and you like to read try reading How to Fall Out of Love. It is a helpful book written just for this type of thing. It has helped me in the past. Isn't it a pain how men get over things quicker than we do though?

Answer by admckenzie at 9:51 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Its gonna take a lot of time, keep hanging out with your friends go out party whatever to keep your mind off him, dont be alone cause when you're alone thats when the depressing thoughts come back
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 10:45 PM on May. 10, 2009