Dh and DD???

I don't know what 2 do anymore. My dd is from my 1st relationship with Ex. I just got remarried last september. Dh has no kids. So the 1st couple months have been fine. And dh and dd have been great. DD even calls dh DADDY. Now the last month or so has been crazy. I feel like I have 2 kids. I am constantly stopping arguments between them. Dh has such HIGH expectations for dd. He expects dd to be PERFECT in public. It's like he doesn't understand that sometimes kids whine in the store. Sometime kids bug thinking that will get them what they want. But the biggest thing is I was prego...I had a miscarriage and Now I think dh holds some sort of resentment towards dd. He has been treating her different since the miscarriage. And Anytime I say anything to dh...he gets mad at me. I don't know how to deal with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on May. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• You might want to think about the fact that he isn't harbor resentment towards your DD, but that he hasn't figured out a way to deal with the "loss" of his child due to the miscarriage. This is something that you need to talk about and maybe seek counseling for. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:39 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Well if you keep trying to talk to him and he isn't doing anything to change and be the adult here, I would leave. Your kid should come first over him and he shouldn't treat her that way.

Anonymous

• Talk to him. And if you're not getting through, marriage counseling. *hugs* I'm sorry!
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 9:13 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Family counseling.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:49 PM on May. 10, 2009