Front facing\Back Facing Car Seats

My son has reached the weight limit on his carrier car seat and I can no longer carry him anyways it's just to heavy... So whats the best front facing\rear facing car seat thats not terribly expensive? Oh my son is almost 9 months old

TristansMommy16

Asked by TristansMommy16 at 9:33 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Consider whether you want to get a seat that will last for the next YEARS til age 7 or 8 years old OR whether you want to spend less now and need to buy more seats later...also the Amercian Academy of Pediatrics now recommends RFing to 2 years old and 30-35lbs, to get a seat that will do that for sure you may need to spend a bit more money...also harnessing for as long as possible is the safest..65lbs would be perfect size for a booster and there are seats that go from now RFing to FFing at 65lbs still in the harness

Cheapest Rf/FFing seat I recommend is the Cosco Scenera, but it only harnesses to 40lbs and you'd need to buy another seat to harness longer like the Nautilus later.

Convertible seat that will last to 65lbs harnessed & RF longest is the COmpas TrueFit
    http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-True-Convertible-Sporty/dp/B000YBK0H8/ref=pd_bxgy_ba_img_a
    there are tons of colors,I just posted the cheapest one(free shipping)
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 10:20 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I AM IN THE SAME BOAT!!!!! BUT MY DAUGHTER IS ONLY 6 MONTHS OLD AND THE CARRIER IS SO HEAVY!!!! YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO WAIT UNTIL THEY ARE 20 POUNDS AND 1 YEAR...YA I KNOW!!! YOU CAN GET A CONVERTIBLE CARSEAT AND TURN IT BACKWARDS BUT NOT FOWARD UNTIL THEY REACH THE LIMIT...I HAVE A CONVERTIBLE SEAT FROM WALMART AND IT IS JUST AS SAFE AND JUST AS CUTE...HOPE MY ANSWER HELPED:)))
    MadisynsMom0114

Answer by MadisynsMom0114 at 9:42 PM on May. 10, 2009

• If you can swing it, I love the True Fit. $189, RF to 35, FF to 65. If money is tight, Cosco Scenera, $45, RF to 35, FF to 40, then you can get a higher weight FF harness.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:45 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Well, I got the Deluxe Convertible Carseat by Eddie Bauer for $100 and it's great. It rear faces to 35lb and FF faces to 80lbs . . . it turns into a booster seat.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:53 PM on May. 10, 2009

• http://www.ask.com/bar?q=eddie+bauer+car+seats&page=1&qsrc=2105&ab=3&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nextag.com%2Feddie-bauer-car-seat%2Fcompare-html

This is the same seat, but I got a better price.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:56 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I currently have the Cosco Scerena in two colors. It's cute but not a very comfy carseat but I didn't haev any money at the time. It will fit her a long time though (she's very tiny) and we don't travel long distances so I'll keep it for now.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:20 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Bridget, the seat is nice. It RF to 35, and FF Harnesses to 40. The 80 limit is for the booster. (a LOT of people don't realize that right away when they pick it out, and then are stuck with something that isn't what they wanted.)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:29 PM on May. 10, 2009

• There are a wide range of convertible seats....
    I would stay away from any of the 3 in 1 seats they aren't very good
    Cosco Scenera is a good seat and cheap only about $50. It doesn't have much padding though, so not so comfy if you are in the car much. We have one of these as a spare for car pooling and stuff.
    Another good seat is the Evenflo Triumph Advance, around $120-130. Nice seat, has a infinite harness so you don't have to rethread the straps all of the time. We have 2 of these... so far we like them very much.
    A step up from those would be something like the First Years True Fit. It's supposed to be an awsome seat and costs around $190
    And then some of the best seats on the market at the highest price range would be the Britax convertible seats.

Also keep in mind that the american acadamy of pediatrics states that a child should rear face to the minimum of 2 years... so you want a seat that can rear face to
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:53 PM on May. 10, 2009

• cont...
    33-35 pounds
    and then forward face to an upper limit.. before needing another car seat.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:54 PM on May. 10, 2009