What can i take for the flu at 7 weeks pregnant?

Ok i called my dr and told her my symptoms and everything and she said i don't have to come in because she is almost certain it is the flu. She said to stay hydrated and i can take robitussin and triaminic for the cough and fever. Has anyone else had the flu while pregnant and what did you do to get better? My symptoms just started last night and i feel like i've been hit by a truck, i'm just wondering if you took anything else or what you did? Thanks in advance......

jnsdrf

Asked by jnsdrf at 9:35 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Follow what your doc said for the meds, you don't want too many at one time. I also found that the Sudacare vaporizing shower tablets were helpful for clearing out my sinuses. I would usually take a shower before bed to be able to breathe during the night. Also, use a humidifier. Good luck, feel better soon!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 10:37 PM on May. 10, 2009

• tylenol for fever if you get a fever. but otherwise just like you would normally treat the flu, liquids and rest. there isn't much else that you can do when you have the flu aside from wait it out. sucks yes, but thats just the way it is
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:40 PM on May. 10, 2009

• make sure it isn't the swine flu
    Anonymous

• Thank you all very much. I just hate being sick. LOL even if it is the swine flu it is no worse than a regular flu and my dr said she would treat them both the same. I will try what you all suggested.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:46 PM on May. 10, 2009