Ameriplan - HOW DOES IT WORK???

How does it work? Already spoke with recruiter, here are my ?s:
What kind of Health Insurance Benefits are provided - Are they PLANS, like HMO's or PPO's?
HOW do I make money with Ameriplan - would I get paid per application submitted, or for each new IBO I signed up? HOW MUCH?
If I wanted to make $1000 how many hours would I realistically have to work? I want to know about your experience as IBO's!! I am talking about in one month alone not including Res Income.
Also - Is this the kind of job where I have to go out and find my own clients to sign up? Or am I just answering inquiries submitted through Ameriplan. I see a lot of people posting their URL's up to get new IBO's to sign up. If you didn't have people clicking on your link and signing up, would you still make money?
Thanks for any input I can get!

lilPrincess1001

Asked by lilPrincess1001 at 5:54 PM on Aug. 7, 2008 in Money & Work

• Ok, first of all Ameriplan is not insurance, it is a discount benefit plan. This means that our members recieve an Ameriplan card and present it to an Ameriplan participating provider (dentist, doctor, pharmacy, etc) and they recieve a discount but they still have to pay for their services at that time. The discount varies depending where you live but the plans do save people a lot of money. These plans are for people who are uninsured, underinsured, or don't want to pay thousands of dollars a year for insurance that they may or may not use. This is called consumer driven healthcare and with the healthcare crisis it has and will be on the rise.
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 9:36 PM on Aug. 7, 2008

• Okay, how you make money with Ameriplan is that you help people save money by enrolling them in the discount plans and you help people make money by helping them to work from home. For the plans you recieve a 30% ($6-$18 depending on the plan they choose) commission initially and then every month that they are on the plan. We have a 90% retention rate with our members so people really do like our plans. We recieve a $15 commision for signing up a business partner and will recieve this same comission every month. The residual income is awsome because you get paid over and over again for work that you do only once.
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 9:42 PM on Aug. 7, 2008

• This is not a get rich quick scheme. You DO have to work! You market your plans by advertising online or in your community which we fully train you how to do. You DO have to find the people but once you get a hang of it, it's easy. You do NOT do cold calling or telemarketing. Interested people see your advertisments and call you for more info. You do NOT sell anything, our plans sell themselves. We just share the information with people. Ameriplan is not for everyone but if you are determined, driven, hardworking, and have the desire to change your life you WILL be sucessful with Ameriplan. If you think that you can sit back and do nothing and still make money you are wrong! Building a business takes a lot of time and energy.
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 9:48 PM on Aug. 7, 2008

• Basically you will get out of it what you put into it. If you work Ameriplan consistantly and vow to never give up to the hurdles or frustrations for 2-4 years you WILL make $100,000 a year in residual income. Is 2-4 years of commitment, time, effort, and work worth it to you if you can make your dreams come true? It's worth it to me! I should add that I am fairly new to Ameriplan but I can see the vision and I believe in what I am doing. I am already making money and I am really proud of myself. I can't even imagine where I will be in 2-4 years! I am so excited!
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 9:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2008

• I can name 6 people who have signed up in the last year. It is just shy of a scam. Google it and get your own answers. People have a HARD time using the 'plan' and they come back to YOU. Be Warned!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2008

• You know it's amazing, I can name at least that many people who have signed up and love Ameriplan. Who have no issues using their plan benefits and I am willing to use my name... Seems to me someone^ just doesn't want the competition.

Ameriplan is a legit company that saves people thousands of dollars a year. I have a couple of journal posts about how you can make money and how you can save money... Take a few moments and check them out.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:22 PM on Aug. 7, 2008

• ** I do want to note that Ameriplan is NOT perfect. I am sure there are people who sign up and figure they will get a heart transplant and not have to pay for it all for $19.95 a month... It doesn't work that way. It simply provides our members a signifigant discount if they use our network of providers. For what it costs I don't know why everyone doesn't have it! We love it... I have a girlfriend that needed braces while she was in college and Ameriplan saved her hundreds off what she would have paid...

*** And remember people have a tendency to only report the bad stuff... Look it up on google if you choose to but with memberships reaching the 2 million household mark if it was a waist you'd hear about it alot more! Not just some unhappy people on the net!

• I am an AmeriPlan IBO and I would like to mention that if one of our members are on the Health plan and they need to go into the hospital....... after their bill tops over $2500.00 AmeriPlan assigns them a Hospital Advocate who negotiates the bill. This has saved our members thousands of dollars. The Hospital Advocacy Program is included in each of the Health plans. If AmeriPlan was not a legitimate company then we would not have providers from well known companies such as Wal-Mart, Sears, JC Penney, Lens Crafters, Wal-greens, CVS and that's just to name a few. If anyone would like more information or would like to enroll into our program you may go to www.freedomathometeam.com/rgodair. This business is not for the faint at heart. As with any business you will have to promote it and work at it.
    Granna2006

Answer by Granna2006 at 10:00 AM on Aug. 8, 2008

• People love to down Ameriplan....there are lots of liars out there. I have personally read some of the complaints about how its a scam. Here is the funny part they aren't a scam...they are a real company...if they weren't they wouldn't been featured on 60 minutes or the new york times! Alot of times the biggest reason why we get complaints is because ex ibo's want revenge because they broke the rules so they got kicked out for not following the rules. The thing is its the Ibo's fault for not going by policy...so they get theirselves in trouble...and they get mad and want to say all kinds of false things about ameriplan. The second thing I have seen is unless these people are lieing too is that ibo's have falsely represented Ameriplan like by saying it is insurance when its not...always make sure you present Ameriplan as it is and make sure the members/Ibo's know all the info they need to know.
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 8, 2008

• Just to answer your questions completely:
    1. It's not insurance...go to the training site and enter the password there is tons of information on the plans there and on the forum.
    2.You get paid by helping every person that signs up as a IBO or that needs health benefits. It depends on if you have earned pay or advanced pay...if you have advanced pay you will get $90 dollars upfront and then on the 7th month you will get $15 dollars monthly. For the members it depends on the plans. If you want more info on this send me a message and I can send you more info on it.
    3.To make 1000 dollars it isn't based on how many hours you work it is based on how many people you are talking to daily, are you consistent?, do you have a schedule and stick with it? It just depends on you and your effort!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 1:07 PM on Aug. 8, 2008