• In the Spotlight:

We are not "all the same"

Im soo sick of hearing how all teenagers are the same..This REALLY offends me im so sick of people stereotyping me cuz im a teenager. Im more adult then youll ever know!! Im completely ready to be a mom and ill be a damn good oneso stop assuming im unfit because of my age. There are people in there 30s who are WAY more unfit to be a parent then me but you dont bother them because there old. Well you can kiss my butt. Anyone agree?

hug4akiss

Asked by hug4akiss at 9:40 PM on May. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• I agree. I am not a teen mom. I do think it is best to finish school before becoming a mom, but hey shit happens right. (lol) mine was sooooooooooooooooo no planned.
    There are good and crappy moms of all ages.
    More power to you for stepping up and being a good mommy!!
    dont let butt head bring you down!
    And Happy Mothers Day.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:53 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I agree. My dd was a young teen mother and there wasn't a better mother around for miles (except me and my mom of course!) You stick to your guns. You'll be a great mom.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:42 PM on May. 10, 2009

• although teen moms are quite the taboo, I guess if you have your life together and are responsible give yourself a pat on the back if you want a baby
    Anonymous

• Yes and no. By taking the time to write about this you should just ignore it and are proving some people right by what they have said. That's the grown up thing to do, let it slide off your back and prove people wrong.

Anonymous

• Most people prefer teens to finish their education so they can get a job and have a family if desired, that way they won't sponge off the system and will add to the tax base. No one is saying they suck as moms but a few more years offer a little more experience and wisdom. IMO.
    Anonymous

• You are very correct. Stick to your guns and you will be a wonderful mom!! My cousin was a teen mom and she is one of the best moms that I have ever seen. I have a friend in her 30's that has no business being a mom. Age doesn't make you a better mom. Good luck Momma!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:45 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I completely agree with you. I am actually proud that you have stepped up and taking responsibility for your baby and yourself. I was also a teenager who had nothing in common with other kids my age. I had teen friends but a lot of my friends were in their 30's and 40's. My best friend now is 46 and I am 25. I am however, glad I waited until I was 22(when I had my first baby) because I was more prepared for children then. I wanted to have children so bad when i was 15/16. but I waited because i thought i wanted to go to college before i had kids. well when i got out of h/s i went straight to work and never went back to school.
    anyway...people are not unfit because of their age....they are unfit because of their lack of parenting and common sense. so congratulations on your baby
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:47 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Well, frankly from reading this question, I would really have to say, it's pretty immature.
    Anonymous

• Don't be prideful about it, Be humble, I am teen mom also, I don't let other peoples words of discouragement bother because If I do, I let them win, I am my own happiness and I don't let anyone else bring me down.
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 9:48 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Being a mom at any age is very hard. I have known many young mothers who are better than me in some ways because they can play with their kids so much better than I can. I can't swing at the park or ride the rides that spin or I'll get sick, didn't use to be that way lol!

Of course I have years of experience and knowledge from the hard licks of life that you don't yet, but you'll have yours soon enough. Good luck young friend and best wishes. We all do the best we can with what we've got! Don't let the pessimists get you down, you can do anything you set your mind to!
    Anonymous