Why do people seem ungratefull during the holidays?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It may be because so many people now a days dwell on the bad, because it's easier to find the bad in a situation than the good or it could be because so many people have been spoiled and trained that they get what they want when they want it so it's hard to shop for them and when they don't get exactly what they want they throw a fit....there are those that actually have a terrible life, bad situations, bad days, etc and it transfers onto how they feel about the good things that happen during that time in their lives.
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 10:16 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Because some people don't think about no one but themselves. Selfish people suck. Don't let it bother you just go on with you life and forget about the selfish disrespectful people in this world they will be unhappy for the rest of there lives cause they will be lonely and old.
    Anonymous

• I think it might be becauce they may of had something bad happen to them when they was a kid
    mommiesboobear

Answer by mommiesboobear at 10:05 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Well, when my MIL gives me gifts I say thank you several times, but I think she wants these extravagant Thank Yous . . . which just isn't me. Any time she needs anything though, I help her. She is a teacher, so I help her a lot because she is computer illiterate and can't type and I also grade papers for her. I hope she doesn't think that I'm ungrateful, because I always say Thank you.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:10 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I have 2 reasons: One, people are too caught up in what other people are getting and get upset if they can't match or out do their friends and/or family. ("I got a 12 karat diamond necklace with the word 'mother' written in sahpires! What did you get?") And two, people expect perfection, but never explain what that means to them. If they communicate better, they can get what they want. I'm not talking gift-wise neccessarily(althoug is couild apply in some cases), but more what they picture for that holiday to be a good day. If they are truthful and say what they want (within reason, of course) and get what they asked for, there is no reason not to be greatful. Today, I asked my husband to cook me breakfast, he cooked me breakfast. It was great! I didn't say "Nothing" and expect a grand guessture or say "Let's stay home." but secretly wish he would wake up and say let's go out. Made my whole holiday very nice!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 10:31 PM on May. 10, 2009