Anyone be mastitis on there breast(s)?

Aparently I got that and I'm pumping my milk but what sucks is that they cut my boob open. Right next tony nipple making it hard to pump milk. I had my baby 2 weeks and 2 days ago.

Anyone else had or have this same problem?

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 10:09 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• anyone have mastitis*** sorry I'm using and iPod itouch to type on this site
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 10:13 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I got mastitis five times...never got a cyst though like you said. Just put and TAKE ALL YOUR MEDICINE!!!!! If you dont the infection will get use to the anitbiotics and next time you get it it wont work for your pain! Good luck keep pumping...if you have to call obgyn and ask for some tips. I would jsut take a shower and express with your hand.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:16 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I'd also express by hand and nurse on the other side. That one side might get a bit low but it's easy to bring it back up. If you ever think your getting it again grab some olive oil and a comb and the shower. Rub the olive oil on your breast and then comb your breast ending at the nipple. Then nurse your baby with the jaw muscle where the lump is. Their jaw is the stongest part and can help suck out that clog.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:24 PM on May. 10, 2009

• also take a disposable diaper fill it with hot water and us it as a hot compress!!! the moisture feels so good
    ckmomof2

Answer by ckmomof2 at 10:51 PM on May. 10, 2009

• i got it and i just pumped and nursed and showered and took my med everything went away in about a week but i also got really freaking sick with it so i was having a hard time. Put rice in a sock and microwave it for a min it gets kinda warm and feels really good on ur boobs
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 12:13 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I had it while nursing my first son, and it was awful! I used the warm compresses and it seemed to help a lot. They didn't give me any antibiotics then, but I could take a Tylenol for the discomfort. I have it again during my pregnancy now and it acts way different than before. This time I am on antibiotics but no pain killers help. I am using a Lavender essential oil and that seems to be the only relief I can get. Try whatever will work; good luck!
    hrt_0928

Answer by hrt_0928 at 11:54 PM on May. 13, 2009