nausea, no appetite, overly tired, normal at 5 weeks?

Hey everyone

I am only abt 5 weeks and am the most tired person around. Everything i do leaves me feeling exhausted, other times I just dont want to eat or get full so fast. Could I be scaring myself out of an appetite. And I definitely feel sick 24/7 which makes it hard for me to sleep. What do I do is this normal with a first pregnancy?

Thanks in Advance

moe042789

Asked by moe042789 at 10:23 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• totally normal. i was like that until about 8 weeks, now i'm 10 and super tired, and still have bouts of nausea.

congrats!!
    Anonymous

• I was like that and it's why my DH asked if I was pregnant. I had the most awful morning sickness starting just a couple weeks after I tested positive.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:34 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I was like that..and had to miss a few days of school thats how my dad figured out I was pregnant...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:39 PM on May. 10, 2009

• btw every pregnancy is different but dont be surprised if its like this for every pregnancy you have..it has nothing to do with it being the "first" pregnancy just sucks
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:41 PM on May. 10, 2009

• btw if your stomach is empty your more likely to get sick I recommend eating saltines (my best friend at beginning of pregnancy) and many small meals instead of a few big ones..it will help you keep it down
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:42 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I was like that in the begining. It was so bad that i would try to just make dinner for my husband and he would come home to half cooked chicken and me hovering over the toliet because the smell alone made me sick. It was verry hard for me to eat but you do need to make sure you eat. If its hard to eat a meal then just eat a little bit through the day. Crackers are amazing they made my stomach feel so much better. Even though i wasnt able to keep them down verry long.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:46 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I am also about 5-6 weeks pregnant. I actually still feel pretty good but have little hope of it continuing. With my son I vomited almost daily from weeks 10-18. There are things you can do that may help: saltine crackers before you get out of bed, accupressure (there is a pressure point on your wrist that you can push on to help the nausea), small meals regularly throughout the meal, suck on mints or hard candy, candied ginger or gingerale. When I was really sick I ate whatever sounded good which was often alfredo and noodles or pizza for every meal. I figure some nutrition is better than none. GOOD LUCK!
    LindsK

Answer by LindsK at 12:07 AM on May. 11, 2009

• well i am 9 weeks and still feel that way, but my sister told me she felt like that in her first pregnancy also..
    DavidsGirl77

Answer by DavidsGirl77 at 12:51 AM on May. 11, 2009