Obama's 100 day party - do you think some jokes were funny?

Specifically, he joked about the photo shoot over NYC, saying that he grounded Sasha and Malia for taking Air Force One for a joyride!

did anyone else see the highlights of this dinner and speeches? do you think they were appropriate and funny?

thundernlight

Asked by thundernlight at 10:39 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I thought they were hilarious!
    plainsmom71

Answer by plainsmom71 at 10:45 PM on May. 10, 2009

• HILARIOUS! I heard it on the CNN radio cast today. I was cracking up the whole time.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 10:48 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I laughed my ass off.
    Anonymous

• Not funny at all, so now we get to be humorous over asinine behavior in the White House. Obama screws up for days on end, throws a party to make jokes. serves some wine and everything is forgotten and forgiven. That's just wonderful, lame, but frigging wonderful.
    Anonymous

• i didn't see and have no interest.... 100 days?? thats what we are celebrating?? i never heard such comotion (sp) over one man... 100 days is NOT a big deal.... what has he done so far that deserves such attention??
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:22 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I didn't see it but for him to blatantly joke about HIS PERSONAL PLANE'S "flight fiasco" is completely inappropriate and ridiculously insensitive. For Heaven's sake, anyone could have had a heart attack that day and I am sure that some had panic attacks! I think it really shows his true feelings towards us, that he has NO respect for any of us at all, and that we are of NO consequence to any of the O Team, we are nothing more than a collective of potential "corp servers" and we should feel privileged to be allowed to have the opportunity to serve them! (just my op.)
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:24 PM on May. 10, 2009

• *sigh* People, it wasn't a celebration for his first 100 days. It was a dinner that's been held for YEARS to support/acknowledge/award the journalism in America.

Do some research please.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 11:26 PM on May. 10, 2009

• http://www.whca.net/dinner.htm

I mean they even have a site for it. Sheesh people, if you stop spending so much time getting offended over EVERYTHING the President does and says, you might have time to pull the stick out of your ayis.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 11:29 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Lady- they would rather blindly believe the worst then believe Obama could do anything right or even funny.
    Anonymous

• There is always a party to celebrate 100 days in office. Every president has been doing it. Does anyone not read books or watch the news anymore. I thought the j/k's were funny. I love that we have president who in tune with american people and can have fun!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:01 AM on May. 11, 2009