what do you think someone means when they say they dont know who they are, or they havent found themselves?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think that they just don't know what they like don't like and haven't decided what they want for their own life. I went through that when I left my ex. I felt like everything I wanted for myself was b/c of him. It took me about 3 years to "discover" me and now I know what I want and will stop at nothing to get it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:51 PM on May. 10, 2009

• If they are young (teens and twenties) it's to be expected. Up until late adolescence we are what our family has made us. After that we're on our own, that's when we see what was influenced and what is our own. Some people realize early on who they are, others take longer. Have you ever met someone that has said, "I'm never getting married" or "I want 2 children, that's it" Unless they're talking out of their rear end, they have discovered what they want out of life, and who they are. Parents don't teach their kids not to marry or how many children to bear, these are decisions that are formed on one's own. I hope this has made you understand a little better what "Finding yourself" means :)
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 10:56 PM on May. 10, 2009

• They need to find what makes them happpy and not live to make everyone else happy.
    Anonymous

• That they haven't found their place in life, don't know what it is they want out of life, and wouldn't know how to go about getting it if they did.
    Anonymous

• I think I've been there and it's a hard time. I think I was still struggling at 25 with this. Didn't know what to do with my life, never had a "calling" or strong desire after college so I did tons of different things and I still don't know. I do know who I am though.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:15 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Honestly? It usually means "I don't know what I want but its not you"
    Anonymous

• I think it means that that person hasn't found the extent of their true potential or how they can impact the world. Maybe that they haven't found the place that they are most happy and satisfied in.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 12:42 AM on May. 11, 2009