why do i feel like im worth nothing

I just feel like I am constantly being put down. My ex and I have a daughter together and he does nothing but bad mouth me even though I try to be nice to him by letting him have time with his daughter. He acts like he is mad that I'm happy for once in my life with where I'm at and he is trying to bring me down. It's like he doesnt want to be with me, but he doesnt want anyone else to have me. whats the point in childish games? Im 10 yrs younger than him and it seems like I'm so much mature about everything to do with my daughter, etc

sunshinebaby209

Asked by sunshinebaby209 at 11:10 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• My ex-husband was like that with me. He still tries to make me feel bad about myself but that's why I got caller ID. No one can ever make you feel as bad as you let yourself feel.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:13 PM on May. 10, 2009

• dont let him get to ya wifey!! Hes a Jackass....
    Want me to take care of him for ya??? YOU KNOW I WILL!!!
    Your better than that... your better than him and you deserve better!!
    If ida known then what i know now.... ida killed him a lot earlier! No one messes with my girl!
    His opinion doesnt matter... and if he throws it back in your face when you give him chances to SEE MY UNBIOLOGICAL DAUGHTER.... then dont let him see her... She doesnt need her daddy when shes got Mommy and ME!!!!!! hehe I love ya sweety! come see me soon!!!!
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 11:16 PM on May. 10, 2009

• you're probably better than him, and he knows it. I was in a similar relationship for ELEVEN years, with my kid's father...don't make the same mistake! you'll feel awful, cuz he wants you to feel that way, and he WILL hold you back...misery loves company. the sooner you let go, the better off you'll be!. I was afraid and didn't quite realize all those things he said about me were actually about him...now I have my own business and am raisin two kids and going to school and found a guy who LOVES the woman i'm capable of being and is not envious...and you knoe where my ex is? at his mama's house at 33 years old, got his van repo'd and is goin down the drain.
    yomamaporter

Answer by yomamaporter at 11:18 PM on May. 10, 2009

• No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Actually my ex did this to me and finally I found enough respect for myself to stop talking to him and surround myself with those who lift me up. Like family and good friends.
    He is going to all he can to make you feel bad about yourself and when he does he wins. So go out and start doing things you enjoy for you and your daughter without him involved.
    Anonymous

• Keep on with your happiness and let no one stand in your way, not even the father of your child. You deserve it, it's hard to come by, so fight like hell for your happy new life and avoid him and all his negativity.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:28 PM on May. 10, 2009

• i think he knows that my self esteem is in the gutter already, and the ONLY man who has never put me down is my boyfriend. He has never stooped so low to make me feel so bad. I love my ex, unfortunately. He does not want me to be happy, he wants me to be as miserable as he is and sometimes it works. I can sit here and get the "you're better", but in my mind I'm not better than anything because of things i've done to people in the past.
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 11:29 PM on May. 10, 2009

• You havent done ANYTHING to him to deserve that!!! ...... You are a GREAT person a GREAT friend and An EVEN GREATER MOMMY!!!!!
    he wants to get to you... dont let him... eventually he might give up right??
    ill make him disappear....... hehehe evil prego in the mood to kick ass anyway... lol
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 11:35 PM on May. 10, 2009

• lol.. yeah i guess so.. but ive tried ignoring him and he keeps doing it.. stupid 30 yr old
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 11:36 PM on May. 10, 2009

• we LEARN and grow from our past...it shapes us but doesn't make us! I wasn't the best friend, or girlfriend when I was younger...but let me tell you I treated my ex like gold...but he put me down every second he could and ALWAYS brought up how I was in the past. I now treat my new BF like gold...and dumbass ex is stuck with a girl who treats HIM like shit :) karma :) don't let him break you...get out. it'll be hard to let go, but once your out...you'll learn to love yourself again, and you'll remember YOU are a good person
    yomamaporter

Answer by yomamaporter at 11:39 PM on May. 10, 2009

• it's control and manipulation. Don't let him to that to you. He doesnt' want you happy so he tries to make you miserable. Don't accept it. Take it for what it is, male strategy to keep you "in your place" as a woman. (the thought of many controller's, not me)

Answer by admckenzie at 12:36 AM on May. 11, 2009