how do i know?

im seeing this guy...hes perfect in every way. hes talked about marriage to me bc hes at the age where he wants to settle down. i love the idea of getting married but in the back of my mind, for the first time ever, im actually scared of him asking me. my last bf...i thought was the one. i felt it in my heart but we had a lot of issues. i like the guy im seeing, but im not sure if i have the same feeling as i did with my ex. and i want my ex back :(
idk what to do...how to break it to him (the guy im seeing), or how to get my ex back. how do i know if im really in love?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Well, one thing is for sure, this guy is not the one. If you're still pining for your ex, no disrespect, than new guy is not it. Be careful about assuming the ex is the one too though, because if you broke up with issues, he might not be right either. Could be you're in love w/ the idea of love or parts of him that you love but the whole picture isn't perfect. There's no perfection but if someone is the "one" you should really feel it in your gut, there will be no doubt.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:18 PM on May. 10, 2009

• sounds like a predicament.... im sorry sweety... maybe you need to step aside and figure some things out... your ex is your ex for a reason....
    talk to your bf.... let him know your not sure where you want your relationship to go.....
    but dont be drastic... how happy were you with your ex, how happy are you now?
    is it that you mightbe OUTSIDE your comfort zone with this new guy? sometimes when people get nervous, or get scared, and dont know what to expect or how to control their lives, they go back to what they know and are familiar with... their "security blaket"
    Sounds to me like to you need to do some deep thinking.....Take into consideration, why your ex is your ex, and WHY you are with who you are with... Good luck sweety.... i hope you make the right choice!
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 11:21 PM on May. 10, 2009

• listen to karen's advice, she knows what she is talkin about
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 11:24 PM on May. 10, 2009

• bring up the subject of marriage and mention you are not ready for it. He won't ask and it gives you time to figure out which guy you want...or date them both.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:38 AM on May. 11, 2009