My baby fell and hit his head on our hardwood floors...

My husband was holding our 7 month old sons arms and trying to get him to walk a little and when he picked him up our baby wiggled out of his arms and kinda twisted and fell on his head/neck on our hardwood floors. He is a very wiggly baby and he is always flipping himself all around. He criend for about 10 minutes and didnt show any signs of a bump, didnt vomit or pass out. This happened monday and on friday he was sick at night throwing up. Has this happened to anyone and is there anything I should look for with regards to an injury or do you think him being sick four days after it happened relate to him falling? He seems a litttle more cranky and sleepy this week but hes also getting teeth, not sure if he is like that b/c of teething or the fall...anyone have any suggestions, even though my pediatrican told me not to worry unless he vomits right away or passes out i am still worried.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I really don't think him being sick has anything to do with the fall nor the teething. I think that he is just sick. The good thing about babies is how pliable they are, their bones are hardend yet so it's pretty hard for them to break a bone. I'm sure he is just fine.
    Anonymous

• I don't think him throwing up is related to the fall but I'd just keep an eye on him for any further weird behavior...like you already seem to be doing!
    Anonymous

• poor baby!
    i dont know what to say hon... usually any symptoms would be present RIGHT after the fall would have happened....
    if things continue or get worse take the baby to the ER and have him checked out...
    my baby was around a year and half and took a fall like that and got a concussion...
    you never know...... but keep your head up! Pray for the best but be prepared for the worse! just take care of your baby...
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 11:32 PM on May. 10, 2009

• All my kids have hit their heads on our floors at some time another. It is a part of being kids and babies. If you are truly concerned, take your baby to the doctor. Someone may say that I'm overreacting, but if I'm not sure, I would definitely take her to the Dr.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:45 PM on May. 10, 2009

• OMG . . he cried for 10 minutes ( :( heartbreaking!!) I have heard many times that it is when they don't cry to really worry. Days later . . . it has nothing to do with it. Good luck!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:45 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I don't think it's related to the fall BUT use your mother's intuition, if you feel unsure take him to the ER to get looked at!
    CatherineBird

Answer by CatherineBird at 1:20 AM on May. 11, 2009