Is it wierd to hide the fact that Im pregnant from my boyfriends mom?

We drove like 3 hours away to see my boyfriends mother today and he did not tell her I was pregnant. I can hide it for a while because she never visits us, but I cant go to any of their family outings until the baby is here. Is that wierd for him not to want to tell her?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 11:26 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• We hid it for as long as possible with dh's family, but that was, as I said earlier, because they are jerks. With our first pg we told around 16 weeks, with our middle child around 20 weeks, and with our third around 14 or 15 weeks (we knew they would be mad about that one since the birth conflicted with a family wedding that they expected us to attend.) So we did hide it for a while, just to save ourselves the hassle, but inevitably it is one of those things that has to be told. Hopefully your boyfriend will summon up his courage and just tell her... it's going to be that much more uncomfortable if he leaves it much longer!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:41 PM on May. 10, 2009

• yes kind of
    Anonymous

• How far along are you? And what are his reasons for not telling? I can understand if it's early in the pregnancy and he wants to wait a bit- we never told dh's family until we were past the 12 week mark, even if we saw them while we knew we were pg. Our reasoning was that I had a m/c with my first pregnancy and they were jerks about it. But if he has a fear of telling her, or plans not to tell her, that is a different story and he needs to get to the bottom of that, since pregnancy and a baby are things that just can't be hidden forever!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:33 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Im 13 weeks and it is, for the most part easily hidden ut her has 2 other kids from 2 different moms. and he thinks she will tell him to keep his dick in his pants. I dont think she will at all because she is his mom. (I know someone will say something rude about the 2 different moms things) but I was just wondering if anyone else hid this fact.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 11:37 PM on May. 10, 2009

• It's not weird to hide it, from anyone.
    People have to do it, but if there is no reason to hide it, you shouldn't. Spread the good news! :)
    I hid mine for 7 months, come to find out I should've told my boyfriends mom a long time ago because she would've been such great help ~ she's so supportive, more than my family has ever been.
    Anonymous

• What do you mean you can't go to family gatherings until after the baby is born?

Are you planning to give your baby up for adoption (NO JUDGEMENT) because if not than what is he planning to do??? Wait a couple of years and say "oh by the way...I have a kid..." ???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on May. 11, 2009

• well i think it should be up to him untill your about 20 weeks or so and then i would take it onto myself to tell her!!!
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 5:31 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Why doesn't he want to tell her? She should be excited about being a grandmother and he should be excited about being a father. There is something very wrong and I hope that you get it resolved quickly.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:17 AM on May. 11, 2009