Does it make you look like a golddigger if you run a background/ credit check/ STD tests before you get into a serious relationship?

I'm not a golddigger by any means, but after my last bad relationship, let's just say I learned a lot about him after getting serious. I know that I wouldn't have pursued things had I know the truth and he went to great lengths to hide the truth. With all there is out there, shouldn't we know things upfront? Or does it make you look like your pushy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• No, I don't blame you for doing that.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:29 PM on May. 10, 2009

• no it just makes you look paranoid!
    Anonymous

• NO it is a very smart thing to do in my eyes there are to many wierd people out there
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 11:44 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Smart chicky....I do the same!
    yomamaporter

Answer by yomamaporter at 11:49 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I check out every guy I have gone out with not just serious relationships. There are many cons out there and married men posing as single men. I learned some of the bad stuff the hard way and always tell women to check guys out from criminal records they can find online for free to checking whitepages.com to see if a wife's name pops up. I also check sites like www.dontdatehimgirl.com and www.womansavers.com to make sure some other woman hasn't listed him as a womanizer, etc.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:41 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I would say std yes, background maybe, but credit. Get a grip if his credit sucks but he is wonderful amazing guy than yes sorry honey your being shallow. He could always fix his credit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on May. 11, 2009

• not always!! ANON 1248!! NOW' U' MAY B ABLE TO FIX IT AND AFTER U DO HE MAY MOVE ON TO SOMEONE WHO IS LOOKING FOR A GUY WITH GREAT CREDIT!!
    I SAY CHECK HIM OUT FIRST AND DONT FEEL BAD ABOUT IT. U HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO KNOW AND IF U FEEL OR FIGURE OUT HES IS UNTRUTHFUL. KICK HIM TO THE CURB.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on May. 11, 2009