Do you believe in-laws break up marriages?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes
    Anonymous

• Yes, I do and I've seen it happen from beginning to end (divorce). I was so annoyed HE didn't cut his mother out of the picture or set boundaries to save his marriage. Choose your damn marriage, not your Mama! Totally lame. Could have been a good marriage otherwise.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:35 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Yes, my MIL nearly broke up my BIL & his wife's marriage.
    Anonymous

• Yes I certainly do. My future in-laws are already well on their way from ending my and my fiance's marriage before it even begins. Its sad because all everyone really wants is for their children to find someone and be happy (for the most part everyone) but then many of them are the reason that all falls apart.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:47 PM on May. 10, 2009

• My SIL broke up her brother's marriage and did her best to break up ours. She is pretty nutty.
    jaimie175

Answer by jaimie175 at 11:54 PM on May. 10, 2009

• no they just come help carry the furniture when one of the spouses move out

Answer by admckenzie at 12:31 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Yes I believe in some cases in-laws are disaster for a marriage....ESPECIALLY when you live together! In the beginning of my marriage there was a short period of time we had to live @ my MIL's house & it was my worst nightmare!!!! To this day I tell my hubby im going to a homeless shelter before living w/his mother ever again & I mean it...I love her but its not a good mixture. NOW....My father is living on our property & its put alot of stress on my marriage....we are moving next month & cant wait to get back to our own family....vow to never make this mistake again!!!! LOL
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 12:55 AM on May. 11, 2009

• If the spouse lets it happen. But then again, I guess he'd be breaking up the marriage, right? Because I'll tell you what, if my family treated my husband badly or was overstepping, I'd talk to them and if it didn't work, then I'd cut off communication. My family, the family I chose (DH), comes first.
    mictamali

Answer by mictamali at 2:27 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Yes, I believe they can if you let them. You have to be firm and tell them this is your husband or wife and the father/mother of your children and you don't want them saying things like that about them because you love them.
    momofbenandmeg

Answer by momofbenandmeg at 5:59 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Yes, but luckily my husband and I were on the same page. We agree she's pyscho & no longer speak to her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:46 AM on May. 11, 2009