Is it safe if i did not gain weight within five months of my pregnancy?

darlton

Asked by darlton at 11:42 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• absolutely. many women actually lose weight for the first few months. as long as you're eventually starting to put on weight, i wouldn't be concerned
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 11:43 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Some people don't gain much. What does your doctor say?
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:43 PM on May. 10, 2009

• yes, i actually lost 30 lbs in my first 5 months
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 11:44 PM on May. 10, 2009

• As long as you are eating enough and well then that is perfectly fine. Most women gain only 8-10 lbs. by that point anyways. You'll probably start gaining from here on out. My belly didn't even really pop out until around 6/7 months.
    Anonymous

• It depends on your pre-pregnancy weight, your nutrition and many more things as to whether or not it's safe but the general rule of thumb is as long as baby is growing your fine.

I started this pregnancy over weight and have only gained 4 pounds through out my 8 months so far. Then last week I lost 3 but my baby is estimated to weigh about 4 pound 4 ounces and is developing fine. My doctor isn't conserned. She just told me to make sure I'm eating properly and getting enough which I am so no big deal!

The best thing you can do for you AND your babies health is to eat 75-80 grams of protien a day, whole grains, healthy fats (you DO need them during pregnancy to grow, stretch, and build a healthy baby), greeny leaf veggies and fresh fruits and veggies.

If your doing these things and baby is growing...there is no need to worry!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on May. 11, 2009

• With my son I lost weight for the first 4 months then gained 8 lbs over the next 2 months and then 9 lbs in 4 day before I had him and he was very healthy. As long as you are eating good its not a problem
    Synaura

Answer by Synaura at 12:37 AM on May. 11, 2009