I need information on travel trays.

I will be taking a 7 yr old and 8 yr old child on a 2 to 3 month road trip. I'm researching information on travel trays that can be used for drawing, writing, and doing other things. I've come across so many different products, but it's hard to tell what is good and what isn't.

Here's what I need.

I need something that they can bare down on to write without having to worry about it bending or breaking.

I need something that they won't be fighting with to hang onto it while I'm driving, especially if they're playing with toys instead of writing.

I would like something that has some storage for their supplies, but I can always improvise on that with other products.

I do not need drink holders on these trays.

Any advice or reviews on products you may have already owned would be so appreciated.

Shaunalynn

Asked by Shaunalynn at 11:45 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Travel

• This may sound silly, but if you have a truck stop near you check out the drivers lap desk they have for sale. They are wonderful and can withstand alot of abuse. They are hard on top and a pillow like bottom that forms to the lap. Very large writing surface, but will work for any size person.
    tramar47

Answer by tramar47 at 11:55 PM on May. 10, 2009

• wow, I have some to get rid of!! are you near Michigan?
    we have both the kind that are secured to the back of the front seats and fold down from target. and some plastic ones that can also be used when the kids are sick in bed. I don't remember where I got those but the were very inespensive!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:51 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Check the toddler/baby section at target or walmart they have some that wil work fine, they just have a jungle theme on them but are great for all ages,my 12 yr old niece uses one and she is rough on it.
    Anonymous