Sound like labor starting to you or something else?

So all day when ever I wipe there has been a small amount of bright red blood on the tissue. There has not been any mucus; so I'm pretty sure that its not the show. Last night I was having some very painful menstrual cramp like contractions that after a few hours and a very hot shower dulled down. I have started to feel the contractions build back up steadily through out the day today and they are getting close to where they were last night. At my last Dr apt they said I was 2cm and 25% effaced; this was Friday. I am just wondering if it sounds like labor starting since the contractions get stronger and closer; even though the shower last night calmed them enough to allow me to sleep.

mothergibson

Asked by mothergibson at 11:54 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's not a real accurate way to know if labor is about to begin or not but it does sound close. You can be dialated that way for weeks more or you can have your baby by morning.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 1:11 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Sounds like it to me. If they get to be where they are liek 5 minutes apart go to L&D
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:10 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I agree. Time the contractions and if they stay regular for an hour and I would call my doctor. They will advise you whether or not to come in. Good Luck!
    LindsK

Answer by LindsK at 12:24 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Sounds like you are starting up. If a shower makes them go away or they go away on their own, that's ok. Eventually nothing will make them go away, and it will really be time.
    jen1350

Answer by jen1350 at 5:35 AM on May. 11, 2009