Ovulation Question

I'm still new at TTC and I've only had one period off BC. A couple of days ago I started having a sharp pain on my lower right side. It was on/off for a couple of hours. I'm not sure how long my cycles are yet so I was wondering if those pains meant I was ovulating? If it did should I have had sex that night or before the pains started?

Monicahays17

Asked by Monicahays17 at 11:55 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• have sex everyother day. that way you have more of a chance of doing it on the day you ovulate.
    make sure you dont stress out about having a child. it will happen when its supposed to. enjoy having sex with you partner. that is what sex is about... pleasure... it just so happens it can result in baby. good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on May. 11, 2009

• For every woman, TTC'ing and ovulating are entirely different. I found the best resource at www.fertilityfriend.com. It gave me a way to chart my pains (which you can also do on a piece of paper - the site just makes it easier.) The feeling you had might have been ovulation, but it could have also been indigestion/gas or something entirely different. For me, the best way to calculate ovulation was charting. You can do this through temping (temperature), body signs/the way you feel or whatever works for you. What was neat about fertilityfriend was that it helped analyze and pre-determine possible ovulation so that you have the best chance of conceiving. The best of luck to you both!
    girlwithapen

Answer by girlwithapen at 12:33 AM on May. 11, 2009