if you carry high can your water still break?

I havent dropped I got 3-4 weeks left. I was wonder if you carry high can your water still break

seasnakesc

Asked by seasnakesc at 11:57 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You water will break when it feels like it. Sorry that is the best way I can put it. It does not matter if you are high or low. There may even be a time your doctor may have to break it for you if it does not do it on its own.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:05 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Where your carrying has absolutely NOTHING to do with it. Baby is high right now but he's still got to come down to come out your whooha and the bag of water comes with him!

You NEVER need anyone to break your bag of water unless there is a medical emergency because it will eventually break on it's own or on rare occation the baby in born in the sac and that's OK. They'll just take it off of him after birth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Your water will almost always break. Sometimes babies are born with their water still intact but it's not that normal.

Breaking the water while baby is high is dangerous. It can cause baby to have a prolapsed cord since their head is not plugging up the cervix.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 12:16 AM on May. 11, 2009

• i carried high with my son. he dropped suddenly (and painfully) 3 weeks before i delivered. my water broke the morning of the day i had him, which is how i knew it was time to go to the hospital (i didn't have any pain for like 2 hours after that).
    nemiller

Answer by nemiller at 1:06 PM on May. 11, 2009

• You dont' have to go to the hospital if you water breaks. Monitor your baby's movements, make sure fluid is pinkish, near odorless, and you don't have a fever. Keep everything outside of the vagina.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:04 PM on May. 11, 2009