How do you handle your Kids' summer visitation with your X??? What kind of schedule do you work out???

My x was given 2 weeks and his birthday per court order, as well as every other weekend, for his summer vistation. He is asking for more and I am wandering what kind of schedules are typical. Thanks!

momofmn

Asked by momofmn at 11:57 PM on May. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well that is a hard one....does he live in the same town as you or away from you? When I lived in the same town as my ex, I would let him have the kids for a few weeks and then occassionally on the a few weekends. However, we live twelve hours from my husbands kids, and we get them a week after they get out of school and then send them back a week before school. My oldest daughter goes with her dad for six weeks out of the summer though. But she is almost 16 now. It is hard to deal with either way, I can usually handle them gone for a weekend, but then I go crazy after that. But I am lucky enough now that we get all five of the kids for the summer, because my ex gave up on my kids when he got two more kids.
    dolphinkisses

Answer by dolphinkisses at 12:12 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I would stick with the court order. He had to agree with it at some point.
    Synaura

Answer by Synaura at 12:32 AM on May. 11, 2009

• By next summer I'm going to be divorced and living in another state. I will send my children to stay with their father for two months in the summer and regular visits throughout the rest of the year which aren't a problem since I homeschool.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 12:48 AM on May. 11, 2009

• my ex (as per our court order) gets our daugher 3 weekends outta 5, and also an extra 2 weeks he can take anytime of the year, which usually he takes during the summer, and we also share all the holidays..i personally wouldnt give my ex any more than whats in our court order..maybe a few extra days here and there, like if theres a special event he wanted to take her to, or, something..but.other than that no..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:33 AM on May. 11, 2009