how soon can you have sex after a c-section? did i start having sex too early?

i had 2 c-sections and after the first one i didn't have sex at all. And now i had one one month ago today(4 weeks ago). and i know TMI but me and my bf had sex this weekend twice and it didn't hurt at all, but the morning after i started to hurt like it was the first time. i wasn't bleeding for like 2 weeks and now i started again...

msangie2003

Asked by msangie2003 at 12:07 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Health

• Most doctors say to wait till after 6 weeks of having your baby.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:08 AM on May. 11, 2009

• um, you've had one before, which means you KNOW you should have waited. just because you look healed down there on the outside doesn't mean you are on the inside. you need to go to your doc, you could have ripped the inside stitches, and may possibly get an infection. and trust me, you don't want one of those. i've been through that and i went through hell
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:18 AM on May. 11, 2009

• the pain is probably normal, at least when i had sex for the first time after my c-section i had pain the next day and i waited 5 weeks. as for the bleeding it may just be your first period since you've had the baby. i would just wait to see if the pain calms down and keep an eye on the bleeding if it seems abnormal or the pain doesn't go away give your doc a call and see if you can go in earlier than your 6 week check up. (i'm assuming you have a 6 week check up b/c i had one, but if you don't see if you can schedule one)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:18 AM on May. 11, 2009

• when I had mine we had sex at 4 weeks and I started to bleed again. My doctor said it was fine, "it's just like if you have sex right after your period and it starts up again a little bit". I didn't have a c section so I don't kno if it's the same.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I tried at 6 weeks. Hurt to much so i made hims top half way through...

Agian at 11 weeks, and it was fine..

The docs say at least 6 weeks. Obviously for a reason.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 12:31 AM on May. 11, 2009