Telling Family

With my first pregnancy we told our families all the day we went to the doctor to confirm my pregnancy (I was 4 +1). I found out that I was pregnant again over new years while at the hospital for severe stomach cramps and I was approximately 4 weeks. We again told everyone but I miscarried shortly after and we had to tell every the news which was terrible.
I am now pregnant again and am somewhere around 5-6 weeks and my husband and I haven't told anyone. We are having a hard time keeping it quiet. Any advise?

LindsK

Asked by LindsK at 12:22 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• We always wait till the 2nd trimester.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:27 AM on May. 11, 2009

• There are a lot of women out there who don't tell anyone they are pregnant until after they are out of the first trimester. I had thought about this too when I found out I was pregnant but my scenario was a little different so I ended up telling people sooner. If I was you I would tell everyone right away. And if God forbid you lose this baby, you will still have love and support from your family and friends either way. That to me is better than no one knowing about it and having to deal with it basically alone.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:30 AM on May. 11, 2009

• This happened to one of my friends. She was so excited to finally get pregnant with her first that she burst out and told everyone, and had a miscarriage 4 days later. She was also about 5 weeks...Since then, she has been on all kinds of medicine to help her concieve, and this is the first month that she has bee nable to try since december. She can test next week, but will not tell anyone until 10-12 weeks. She said she will tell select people (the ones she is closest too and that will understand) just in case it does happen again, she has someone to tlak to about it, but not everyone like she did last time! Id say confide in someone you are close with and have a t least them to talk to until you can blurt out the neews!!

Oh and CONGRATS!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 12:33 AM on May. 11, 2009

• my husband and i tried not to tell anyone about my 3rd pregnancy b/c the first 2 m/c as well. but it was very hard, for one he had to get off work b/c i wouldn't go to the doc alone for fear that i'd be told there was no heartbeat and be alone when it happened. so we told his boss and my boss ( i was a waitress and was afraid to do any heavy stuff) then eventually i ended up having to tell my sister and my best friend b/c i just couldn't keep my fears to myself. and i found out he had told his mom too. so honestly, maybe tell just your immediate close family (parents or siblings you are close to) and ask them not to spread the news til you are past the first trimester. that way you have a support system to lean on for the first trimester to express your fears etc to and if something does happen you have that support system in place already. but you don't have to notify everyone about it so its not as hard if it comes to CONT
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:34 AM on May. 11, 2009

• CONT having to tell people again. and just remember to think positively so you don't stress yourself out for the next 6 weeks. congrats and message me if you need someone to express your fears to, like i said i had 2 m/c and now have a healthy 3 yr old girl and will be giving birth to our son in a little over a week, so it can still work out even if you have had a miscarriage
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:37 AM on May. 11, 2009