Have people not heard of WebMD.com?(serious question)

I have been wondering this since I joined CM. Some of the questions on here, people could easly go to that site & look it up themselves.Do people really expect others to look stuff up for them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think that is what cafemom is all about. Asking questions and getting advice from your fellow freinds here on the site, right? I think sometimes it can be kind of scary to look things up online because there are some pretty scary diagnosis' out there that might not be true.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on May. 11, 2009

• loL! I wonder the same thing. I go there and www.mayoclinic.com as well!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:30 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Hell, google will answer half the questions on here! My favorite is "who sings this song?"
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:33 AM on May. 11, 2009

• thats what cafemom is for though. not to have people go search it themselves for you, but to have peoples advice, input and to get their knowledge on the subject. yeah we could easily go on there or google anything but sometimes we want personally advice about it.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:35 AM on May. 11, 2009

• WebMD isn't always a very reliable source, unfortunately. Too many drug companies in the mix. And it can be helpful to get advice from moms.

I know that had I relied on WebMD, my son would have been formula fed within one month and that's not what I wanted. It took an online group answering my many many questions to get me through the difficult start I had in breastfeeding.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:40 AM on May. 11, 2009

• i come for "real people" experiances on stuff...its a whole lot easier to get real explanations then reading medical crap!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:43 AM on May. 11, 2009

• never really looked at it. I usually call my mom, a nurse, or check one of my books. BTW the best website for all things related to breastfeeding is kellymom.com
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:56 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I forget about those websites honestly. I agree with Alexis06, Iike to hear it from a real person who can answer even more questions if I have them. I never ask medical questions here and I probably should start.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:20 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I agree that you want to talk to someone who has experienced what you are going through, but get medical information from your doctor or medical websites. Then, once you know what you are dealing with, ask if someone has some relevent experience or advice.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 3:37 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Medical information is not the same as a personal experience. Additionally, WebMD is limited to traditional, allopathic medicine and the resources for alternative medicine are limited. I am more like to check Dr. Andrew Weil's website than WebMD.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:55 AM on May. 11, 2009