WHAT DO YOU THINK!! I NEED ADVICE!

long story short my daughter is about to turn two and i went shopping at the mall the other day. She got fussy and needed to get out so i decided to give her 15 minutes in the malls play area located in the mall. As i was sitting down i noticed her on the top step of the slide which stands about 4 feet off the ground. quicker than i could get up a 6 or 7 year old boy in plain sight puched her off the top of the ledge. She fell 4 feet head first in to the tile floor!! She was balling and i was in complete shock and started crying too. All the parents jump to make sure it wasnt there kid because everone saw what happened. The parents of the little boy said nothing. I immediatly filed and incident report with security who had talked to the parents. The boy was a foot too tall to even be in the play area. I took her to the hosp. to make sure all is well n she was fine. Its all on camera. Would you carry out a lawsuit for this???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on May. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• naw, let it go. your daughter is fine, in the long run only feelings were hurt. now, if she was actually hurt, then i'd say file a lawsuit, but in this case, i say just let it go. but that's just IMO
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:34 AM on May. 11, 2009

• The paly area has no guard rail or security guard monitoring the children and the ground has is as hard as cement. There isnt even a warning sign or watch your children on the slide. There is however a 40 inch height MAXIMUM!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I think I would just have them pay for the medical bills.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I would not sue. But I would get them to pay the medical bill.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:36 AM on May. 11, 2009

• YES, I WOULD
    anna32460

Answer by anna32460 at 12:38 AM on May. 11, 2009

• oh i'm sorry, my bad, i'm army so i didn't even think of medical bills. in that case i agree with the others, have them pay the medical bills
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:39 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Accidents happen. I don't believe in suing in less it is a very serious incident, IE a surgeon is negligent and you lose your leg, not a six year old pushed my kid and she was fine. Who are you wanting to sue, the parents or the play place? You really thought the play place should have to have a sign telling you to watch your child? You could see the floor, you could see how high the slide was. If my one year old baby was climbing a 4 foot high slide on a tile floor, I would sure as hell be right behind her. I have a three year old and I would still be shadowing pretty close. You can't blame someone else for everything that happens. Sure the kid acted inappropriately, and the parents should have apologized, but does suing make a difference? How much were your medical bills? If it had been another baby that had pushed her would you still be trying to sue? It could have happened just as easily, that's why you should be close.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:48 AM on May. 11, 2009

• no, kids are kids whether or not he was to tall to be in the play place.. this could happen anywhere and does happen. the parents should have done something and for all you know they may have when they got home.

your daughter is fine just be thankful for that.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:50 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I would have to agree with a couple of the other posters in saying that I think suing would be going way overboard. Accidents happen and it does not sound like she was seriously hurt. What would be the purpose of suing? Where would it get you? Long drawn out battle for nothing.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:12 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Why is everyone so sue-happy nowadays??? What is your child was the one that caused the accident? Would you feel differently???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on May. 11, 2009