Is it normal??Please respond.

My 3 week old had a bowel movement and it was watery yellow is it normal?? She seems to be in no pain at all just wondering if its normal?? If its not tell me and I'll just take her to the ER.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If I remember correctly I think it is normal especially if there has been a change in her diet. But like I said if I remember, I'm pretty sure there is nothing to worry about. It takes a little bit for a new baby to have a more normal color.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 1:08 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Yes it's normal. Don't worry about it unless she seems to be having difficulties.
    napamom27

Answer by napamom27 at 1:08 AM on May. 11, 2009

• My son is 10 yrs old and I remember freaking out when this happened. It would sometimes look like yellow cottage cheese. Not to worry and happy mothers day.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:13 AM on May. 11, 2009

• watery yellow & seedy? LOL Yeah its a normal bm. Go ahead & run it by your doctor if your concerned to put your mind @ ease. dont worry! good luck!
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 1:17 AM on May. 11, 2009

• definitely is normal. My son is just now 4 months old. He is my first and I remember freaking out too! No worries, but if you are worried let your doctor know about it. They can reassure you as well. :) Hope this helps
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 1:37 AM on May. 11, 2009

• yellow is the gold standard for breastfed babies.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 11:47 AM on May. 11, 2009