im 8 weeks and i dont know if this is normal

i know being pregnant comes with the joy of morning sickness. but a few years back i was told i have a little bit of low blood pressure. for years i would feel dizzy, get super hot and felt as if i was going to puke at random days and random times! now that im pregnant i felt fine till i was about 6 weeks..i cant not not not eat at all. i feel sick all day. im nauseated 24/7. and im super super hott but im cold to the touch. i feel worse when i eat. my first dr appointment isnt until june! im worried that it might be my blood pressure...help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• YES, IT IS NORMAL TO FEEL THAT WAY, BUT IF YOU HAVE A HISTORY OF LOW BLOOD PRESSURE YOU SHOULD CALL YOUR HEALTH CARE PROVIDER JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE. THAT'S PRETTY MUCH THE RULE OF THUMB. IT IS NORMAL TO NOT KNOW OR UNDERSTAND WHAT IS HAPPENING ESPECIALLY IF YOUR A FIRST TIME PARENT. SO IF YOU ARE QUESTIONING SOMETHING JUST GIVE YOUR OB. A CALL. THEY ARE MORE THAN USED TO FIRST TIME PARENTS ASKING QUESTIONS. IT'S NORMAL! 8)
    honeybee88

Answer by honeybee88 at 1:11 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I would call your doctor, explain the situation, your history and your concerns. They should be able to get you in earlier. If they can't I would maybe look for anothe doctor who is more accessible. You are going to have lots of questions and concerns over the next eight months and you need a doctor you can trust to be there to answer even the silly questions.
    LindsK

Answer by LindsK at 1:11 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I would maybe call your Dr and tell them exactly what you explained here and see what they say. You may need to be seen before your app. I remember having the whole sickness thing and the hot and cold but if you had blood pressure problems before you were pregnant I would talk to a Dr.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 1:12 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Sounds like me at that time. I have always had really low blood pressure...never low enough that it was a problem but it has always been really low. Around 6 weeks I started feeling sick until I would eat and then when I would start to eat, I would feel even sicker all of a sudden. I learned that I just have to eat really slowly and take breaks in between. That helped a lot. Also try to avoid standing up too quickly or taking showers before you've eaten something. They have at home blood pressure screening kits you can buy if you are worried but I don't think it is anything more than normal pregnancy fun! Haha
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:13 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I've never had bad nausea while I was pregnant, but my friend did and said this was a god send... half a unisom and b6 vitamin in the morning and afternoon, then a whole unisom and a b6 vitamin at bedtime.

If your concerned, call your provider. Although you may not be able to get an appointment, you can ask any questions you want. A lot of hospitals, you don't get seen until you are about 12 weeks, unless you are high risk. Call your dr and she will be able to advise!
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 1:16 AM on May. 11, 2009

• you should be able to go in at every month. my doctor saw me once a month since i found out i was pregnant. if you feel that something is not right, you should see your doctor.
    jessi5208

Answer by jessi5208 at 1:51 AM on May. 11, 2009

• i felt like that but if u r really concerned call the doc
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 2:44 AM on May. 11, 2009

• During the first trimester, there is a natural lowering of blood pressure anyway. If you can stand up and walk around and think most of the time, then your BP is fine. Your blood glucose level will also run on the low side as your body is sucking up all that glucose for the baby. So the result is you feel weak, dizzy, and very tired. If you truly cannot eat anything I would try the vitamin B6 and 1/2 tablet of Unisom twice daily, then a whole Unisom at bedtime. These are very, very safe medications to take while pregnant and better for you than prescription nausea medicine. However, if they don't help, then you might want to try the prescription meds. The most important thing is to increase your fluids during the day. This will pass!!!!!
    jen1350

Answer by jen1350 at 5:31 AM on May. 11, 2009