• In the Spotlight:

long or short?

do you like having short hair or long hair, what do you think looks better? thinking about MAYBE getting a short haircut. i have coarse hair so idk if it will work

abbyl2490

Asked by abbyl2490 at 1:09 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I like medium length hair.....it is easy to manage.
    I also have very thick and course hair and have tried short hair styles several times, but my hair always puffs up ten times more and looks like I have some sort of wild animal on my head. Smoothing, sculpting, and styling products do not work for my hair, and forget about blowdrying...lol...talk about puffing it up even more!
    Try a shorter hairstyle....work with a stylist who understands your hair and knows how to cut it correctly....and ask about any new products on the market to tame it. Also, have the stylist show you exactly how to style it yourself when you get home.
    Best wishes and enjoy!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:08 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I like my hair short, but my hubby likes it long.
    It depend on ur hair and ur facial shape whether or not it should be long or short. OR really ur preference.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 1:11 AM on May. 11, 2009

• i prefer long hair
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:12 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I did it short only once in my life because Demi Moore was so popular back in the 90's. I thought I looked cute but I was 120 and 5'8", now I am 200 and I have had my hair mid-back for years. I like long.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:16 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Not only does it depend on your body structure, but your HAIR TYPE. Is it curly? Will you have an afro if you cut it short? If I cut my hair short, I would look ridiculous! Nothing shorter than a bob for me, and even then . . takes work. Hair length isn't important (as in trends). . . it's how YOU look with that hairdo. Wear your hair, don't let your hair wear you!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:23 AM on May. 11, 2009

• i mean a bob, not short like a mens haircut! my hair damages easy, its not like an afro. it can go curly or straight, but its a little poofy, like not smooth, wen i strighten it, it looks smooth though. im thinking a bob like jenny mcarthys
    abbyl2490

Answer by abbyl2490 at 1:40 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Depends on your face shape. If you have a larger face really short hair will more then like not look good, but shoulder length will look good. Depends on style too.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:31 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I dont know what i prefer, DH prefers it long, and it is very long. My sonloves my long hair, he says it reminds him of a mermaid...lol but like others have said, depending on the shape of your face, but theres nothing wrong with taking a chance, I mean, hair grows back.
    kalioop

Answer by kalioop at 2:43 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I like short hair for myself. I just prefer low maintenance, not a lot time, product or tools involved.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 3:24 AM on May. 11, 2009