has anyone tryed / or do you know some one who has/

magic jack phone service if so what are your likes and dislikes about it? is it worth the money?

krazymom2k03

Asked by krazymom2k03 at 1:17 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have it. The only issue is if your computer has any issues it will come through in your service. Right now we have some kind of Virus and it's creating this clicking noise through the phone. Also if you have DSL, you may want to change to Cable. Because Cable keeps a constant speed. DSL will slow when your neighbors of other people in the house log on line and it can drop your call...

But for what you pay in phone now a days I find it's best to have something like this. Even if you keep the bare basic on your regular phone service just in case, the MJ will save you TONS of money in the end!

We pay somehting like $8 a month to keep out phone service just for emergency use. power outages or if the internet is down and we have an emergency. But we were paying $45 a month before the MJ... DO I need to add up the savings to you?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:57 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I used to work for a landline telephone company and can tell you the downfalls of ANY service like that. Magic Jack, Vonage, Cable phone, any of those go through your internet. If you can't pay ur internet bill, no phone. Power goes out, no phone. As for people who swear by cell phones, if there is a major power outage, there's no way to charge them, and again...no phone. Landlines work even when the power goes out. I'm not trying to sell a landline, but they are the safest way to have a phone. You can tell the phone company you want a POTS line- "plain old telephone service" to keep it as cheap as possible. The VoIP services are cheap, but you have to factor in the cost of ur internet with it. All in all, a landline is cheaper and safer.
    greenmom4543

Answer by greenmom4543 at 2:08 AM on May. 11, 2009