miserable=[

I took a nap today and slept on my right side..i got woken up by TONS of pain..so ever since i've got up, my right hip bone feels like it dislocated..its that kind of pain but I don't think its actually my bone, I think its the muscles around it. I keep getting this in my knee too..I took a bath and took some tylenol but it didn't help much..it's really painful..
anyone know what it is?

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 1:17 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your muscles loosen up around the pelvic area to prepare your body for childbirth. so it may be that?
    your knee it might be the added weight from being preg is just hard on your knees. or maybe you just slept weird and didn't realize it and thats why its only on the right side. if the pain is still bad tomorrow i'd call the doc just to be sure
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:30 AM on May. 11, 2009

• The ligaments or tissues that hold the bones together soften during pregnancy so that they can stretch. This is from the hormone Relaxin (good name!). The ligaments that really need to stretch are the ones in the pelvis of course, but your body can't just target those ligaments, so ALL the ligaments soften and stretch. This allows ALL the joints being held together by those ligaments to have more mobility and thus they may feel out of place or dislocated as you say. yes, this is normal.
    jen1350

Answer by jen1350 at 5:27 AM on May. 11, 2009