EC ing

what is it?? I have heard alot about it but i dont know what it is any suggestions?

MammaSherry

Asked by MammaSherry at 1:19 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Elimination Communication... basically potty training at birth.
    CatherineBird

Answer by CatherineBird at 1:29 AM on May. 11, 2009

• how on earth do you do that?
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 1:35 AM on May. 11, 2009

• you learn the 'rhythm' of when they need to go and hold them on the potty, and they just get used to always using the potty instead of diapers. i personally wouldn't do it but i know a few who have.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:37 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I have a friend who does this and I think it is somewhat strange, but it works great for her. THe theory behind it is sound (you train them to go in a diaper from birth and then have to retrain them as toddlers so why not train them from the very beginning to go in the potty). They cannot hold it or go on command or anything that young, but you can usually tell when they are going so you just put them on the pot. I could tell when mine were and at about 12 months I would start to sit them on the potty, but I didn't do it from birth and I didn't go diaperless.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:34 AM on May. 11, 2009