posted in health but i would like more answers plz

ok so iv been sick for about 2 weeks now
and when ever i cough it feels like some one is slaming something on the inside of my chest
i lost my madicade till i turn 18 (witch is in 18 days)
so i dont want to go to the doc unless it gets worse i was just wondeing if anyone knows
what this could be
please no bashing i just want to know what other people think is up
o ya happy mothers day

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 1:24 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sounds like your lungs are really congested. I wish I knew more but drink lots of water to loosen the phlegm and if you want to hack anything up but can't, try laying on your stomach on the bed, hang your head off of the edge, cough and watch it come out! Good luck. Breath in a lot of steam also, whether from the shower or boil water and put a towel over your head and just breathe it in.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:45 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Stay hydrated. I like to alternate hot and cold beverages, as hot as you can stand. Try tea, lemon water, warming apple juice or cranberry juice. Or, breath in the steam until it cools enough for you to drink. No alcohol or caffeine. Try Musinex, over the counter expectorant for chest congestion. My husband and my son both use that and they both have asthma. Every cold goes right to their chest. Take care.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 3:22 AM on May. 11, 2009

• yeah...sounds like a bronchial issue. I have that sometimes and use an inhaler to open my lungs a little more. You don't even have to go to the doctor for one of those. The pharmacy will have a similar product to use to help with the tightness. But you may want to keep a closer eye on it. GL
    kalioop

Answer by kalioop at 5:59 AM on May. 11, 2009