What did or has your 4 month old done first?

A friend of mine has a 4 month old. Her daughter is one week younger than my son and has already mastered rolling from back to tummy and tummy to back. My son is just about to master setting up all by himself. I really want him to roll over but I know all babies develop diff. What about your 4 month old, what have they mastered or accomplished or about to figure out?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 1:34 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son could roll on to his back from his tummy at 4 months. He is 4 1/2 months now and just started to roll onto his tummy and his back last week, along with crawling he is picking that up quite well. He cannot sit up on his own though. Don't worry about it. Some babies like your assistance more than being independent. So it's not that they are slow, no they just milk it, they'd rather you pick them up.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 3:00 AM on May. 11, 2009

• my son only really rolling over around 6 months..he did it earlier but it was by accident while reaching for a toy...but he was practicing sitting up around the later 4 months. But my cousins baby is only now at 7months sitting by herself. but she can roll...
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 9:46 AM on May. 11, 2009