Should I worry about my 14m /daughters teeth

My daughter is almost 14 months old. At 12 1/2m she got her first tooth, but it was her k9. I think that's what their called, it's next to the top front teeth. About a week later she got another one, but on the otherside. By this time she looked like a vampire. Within these last 2 1/2 weeks they have been popping in like crazy. She now has all four front teeth, but not fully in. But the two bottom teeth are coming in crooked.She also has a bottom molder half way in. Is this normal?All the other babies I see have all their front teeth since they were 9 monthes. I know every baby is different. But is this really normal??? Or should I worry?

emily322

Asked by emily322 at 1:41 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• seems normal to me. but you should ask your dentist just to be sure
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 2:35 AM on May. 11, 2009

• My daughter didn't get her fist tooth until she was 9 months but she didn't really hav any more until she turned 1! They all came in like crazy! but at that age the way their teeth are shaped doesn't matter, they are just going to fall out in a few years anyways. It's when their adult teeth are messed up!
    meghancooper

Answer by meghancooper at 10:21 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Every child is different. Tess got her first one at 15 months (bottom and crooked), and her second at 17 mos (top canine). Your dr will most likely tell you not to worry unless the child had no teeth by 18 months.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:43 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Sounds fine. The teeth can come in in just about any order. They frequently come in crooked but straighten over the next couple years. The molars also take their time coming in all the way - my daughter's last molar poked through in January but wasn't all the way in until April. They are large, flat teeth and it can take awhile for them to make it all the way up.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:04 PM on May. 11, 2009

• It's totally normal!! Jaden's teeth did the exact same thing, and then they just started coming in non-stop.
    laurajo84

Answer by laurajo84 at 4:31 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Thank you, everyone who responed to my question. You ladies really put me at ease. Everyone else I've asked had no idea and started to worry me, telling me it's not normal, and maybe I should take her to see a dentist. I feel so much better. Now I know there are other kids out there like my daughter. Thanks again...
    emily322

Answer by emily322 at 5:31 PM on May. 11, 2009