is a kidney infectoin bad while your pregnant please help

i have had them in the past and i feel like i have one starting up again im 26 weeks pregnant and i see my doctor tommorow. i dont have a uti but im haveing a lot of back pain where my kidneys are and it feels like they are infected again. is there anysafe antibiotics that my doctor can give me that wont hurt my baby and maybe something for the pain because tylenol is not working.

SarahRandall

Asked by SarahRandall at 1:52 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There are safe antibiotics that you can take while you are pregnant. If you really need something for pain they actually can give you vicodin with tylenol while pregnant, but I wouldn't recommend taking it unless you REALLY REALLY need it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on May. 11, 2009

• kidney infections are bad while you are pregnant because it can cause preterm labor. Definitely drink more water until you see your doctor tomorrow. If you do have a kidney infection, they will treat you with antibiotics and pain medication if necessary. An untreated infection can cause you to deliver, so obviously you will want to opt for the antibiotics! Drink water, drink water!!
    jen1350

Answer by jen1350 at 5:25 AM on May. 11, 2009

• It's not good. Drink lots of water and take cranberry capsules, organic if you can find them.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:36 AM on May. 11, 2009