i think i failed the blood sugar test

they gave me the one hour blood sugar test and i drank the suger water but then like 5 minutes later i puked it all up im not a big fan of sweet stuff my stomack cant handle it, im just scared that they are going to make me do it again and i dont know if i can do the three hour test without getting sick again any suggestoins and will the fact that i threw up the sugar water affect the test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you threw up the test doesn't count. They will make you take the one hour test over again. Eat something light before you go in. You have 5 minutes to drink the stuff, so just sip on it.

I never had that problem because I love that stuff. Also, you can also see if they have a different flavor. They have orange and lemon lime. Try a different flavor if you think that might help. If they took your blood sample anyway after an hour tell your doctor what happened and get another one hour test. It doesn't count at all if you throw up. You have to go back in some other time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on May. 11, 2009

• dont eat anything...... sip it if you fail the 1 hour you r stuck doing the 3 houir and it sucks
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 2:35 AM on May. 11, 2009

• There are many, many alternatives to the one hour test. The sweet stuff is 50 grams of glucose. You can eat something or drink something else w/ 50 grams of glucose in the same time period (5 minutes). Talk to your doctor about that.
    jen1350

Answer by jen1350 at 5:21 AM on May. 11, 2009