for those of you potty training boys, do you have them sit on or stand by the toilet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I tried to potty train my son sitting. However, he refused to do it either way until he did it on his own on his third birthday. He announced, "I'm going to use the potty now." He's never had an accident since then (and he's a stander).
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 2:42 AM on May. 11, 2009

• It depends on the age. At 18 months, sitting. My son sits to pee in his potty and stands on a step stool to pee in the big toilet. He wasn't ready for the step stool until around his second birthday. I was afraid he's fall and get hurt. He loves standing, but doesn't mind sitting.
    DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 2:47 AM on May. 11, 2009

• i had my sons stand i actually put a square of tissue paper in the potty and asked them to sink it by hitting it with thier urine it worked pretty well it also helps with thier aim in the future lol
    lilmammaweisner

Answer by lilmammaweisner at 3:31 AM on May. 11, 2009

• It depends on how tall they are. If they aren't tall enough to pee over the rim, they sit. Once they're tall enough, they can stand if they want...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:39 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I found it easier to train him standing up in the training potty and now he is tall enough to go in the big potty.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:37 AM on May. 11, 2009

• We have shown our youngest(2) how to do both, he prefers to stand on the potty seat and aim in the hole,LOL, supervised of course. My 7yr old was with me all the time and he learned to go sitting down at first and later learned to go standing up.
    Iryshmom

Answer by Iryshmom at 11:49 AM on May. 11, 2009