taking an infant camping

what do you think about taking a 3 month old camping (tent camping)

Fallon_Long

Asked by Fallon_Long at 2:41 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would think it would be alright. If you can't fit a pack-n-play in the tent, I'd use one of those little bed divider things designed for parents who co-sleep. Good luck, and have a fun trip!
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 2:44 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I loved camping with my babies. My only concern was and still is mosquitos. If you are careful though you can have fun.
    Make sure if you are bottle feeding to boil water first and cool it or bring bottled to use for drinking and feeding.
    We had a grand time. Do the usual, sunscreen and water protection, insect protection.
    Have a good time and take a lot of pictures.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:59 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I think it would be fun! I agree with sparrow...i would use the cosleeper in the tent.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 3:12 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I dont see a problem with it!? The weather is nice. I would use the co sleeper or pack & play though. Make sure to keep baby properly dressed as weather permits, bring baby sunscreen & something to keep mosquitos away! Take pics & have fun!
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 3:23 AM on May. 11, 2009

• as long as you're prepared you'll be fine. if you can't fit a playpen you can use a laundry basket as long as they are not rolling over yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Did it with both my kids at about 2 months old. Just take precautions against bug bites and sunscreen and bring that pack and play along. Both mine went hiking with us while on those camping trips safe and secure in mom's sling!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:31 AM on May. 11, 2009

• we took a 2 week old camping she slept in a carseat or with me just bring a few extra blnkets and stuff for the bites or rashes have fun
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 8:31 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I took my son camping at that age. It was really easy because he was exclusively breastfeeding. It was pretty cold so I tucked him into my sleeping bag with me, we did great!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:53 PM on May. 11, 2009