Swine flu would you like to know? May 10, 2532 cases 3 deaths

U.S. Human Cases of H1N1 Flu Infection
(As of May 10, 2009, 11:00 AM ET) States* Laboratory
confirmed
cases Deaths
Alabama 4
Arizona 182
California 282
Colorado 39
Connecticut 24
Delaware 44
Florida 53
Georgia 3
Hawaii 6
Idaho 1
Illinois 466
Indiana 39
Iowa 43
Kansas 36
Kentucky** 3
Louisiana 9
Maine 4
Maryland 23
Massachusetts 88
Michigan 114
Minnesota 7
Missouri 10
Nebraska 13
Nevada 9
New Hampshire 4
New Jersey 7
New Mexico 30
New York 190
North Carolina 7
Ohio 6
Oklahoma 14
Oregon 17
Pennsylvania 10
Rhode Island 7
South Carolina 32
South Dakota 1
Tennessee 54
Texas 108 2
Utah 63
Vermont 1
Virginia 16 Answer Question

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• They have also had one here in Washington State, in my county actually. It was a man in his 30's who also had a heart problem.

Yes, this is something that needs to be watched, and yes, people need to wash their hands, take care of themselves, etc. But honestly, I think the panic and hype over this is out of proportion to the situation so far.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:38 AM on May. 11, 2009

• people need to wash their hands and take care of them regardless of the swine flu. the CDC and gov't have even said this is nothing more than the regular flu is.
    people need to calm down.

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:44 AM on May. 11, 2009

• MomNbaby,

lol - I agree that they should be doing this anyway. But it amazes me the level of panic that seems to be going on around here with some people. For example, I always carry a little bottle of hand sanitizer in my purse, in case I'm out, use the bathroom and there isn't any soap, that sort of thing. I've done this for yrs, so has my dd. They are sold out of hand sanitizer pretty much everywhere here. My kids are in hs, and their school nurse has ordered a crap load of masks, for "just in case". (btw, did I mention the district is basically broke and just fired a ton of people, including 3 of the 4 counselors at the hs?, yet they have these masks.)

People need to remember, more people die in car crashes, more die of regular flu, every year. Not to mention something I read somewhere - this many people have swine flu, but everyone has a mask. Millions of people have AIDS, but nobody uses a condom...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:51 AM on May. 11, 2009

• spin off question.....I have been looking around the Internet trying to find a reliable source about this because i am really concerned....on Friday i was soooo sick i couldn't hold anything down not even water I had a fever of 101.3 chills and body aches. I am feeling better today but still have the aches and I am very dizzy....not being paranoid i promise but, I do have a two year old so do you think i should go to the doctor or do you think i just had a 24 hour bug and because i am not throwing up anymore i should leave it alone??

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Here's a link from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention that talks about it
    http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/qa.htm

I understand your concern with a little one in the house, but honestly, regular flu is just as bad and risky for a little one to get as this flu, so whether it's the swine flu or the reg. flu, you need to watch him.

But, if you were feeling like this on Friday, but you're feeling better now, then you probably just had a regular bug. But, and I don't mean this to worry you, whatever it was you had, your ds has already been exposed to it. If you're feeling better, I wouldn't worry too much, but watch him, and if he gets sick, no matter what form of flu you think it is, take him in to the Dr.
    If you're still sick, then I would call the Dr, for you, and also because regardless of what flu it is, if you're still sick it could hit him hard.

But, if you're worried, call the Dr and ask, just to be safe :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:15 AM on May. 11, 2009

• "this many people have swine flu, but everyone has a mask. Millions of people have AIDS, but nobody uses a condom..."

LOL. so true. so true.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Okay so over 2k people, and how many of those are already better? I still dont see why people are so hyped up over this. Over 30k people DIE each year from the flu and who is reporting that each year?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on May. 11, 2009

• People are worried about this because the cases increase exponentially and next winter, we won't be just dealing with the elderly that die of the regular flu but a bunch of 30 year olds who need hospitalized. Where it hits different part of the population, you could have 50% of the population have either the regular or swine flu which could overwhelm the hospitals. If the swine flu does mutate and become worse, we're screwed.
    smalltowngal

Answer by smalltowngal at 10:54 AM on May. 11, 2009