did you consider to stop breastfeeding so you can start a diet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on May. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• no way would i consider that! ive lost all of my baby weight in less than three months from breastfeeding!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:45 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Breastfeeding IS a diet! I lost all my weight (and then some) by the time my daughter was 2 months.
    Anyway, I wouldn't. Stick with it as long as you planned to or as long as works for you and your baby. You'll be glad you did.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 4:01 AM on May. 11, 2009

• No, You can eat healthy and excersize while breastfeeding so why stop?
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 5:40 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Never. The World Health Organization (much less influenced by the formula and other industries) recommends breastfeeding for a MINIMUM of 24 months.
    Dieting just puts you on the win/lose rollercoaster. Have a healthy lifestyle with healthy foods and exercises is the way to maintain a healthy weight, have lots of energy, and set a great example for your child.
    So, drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day. Replace your simple/white grains (rice, pasta, breads, etc.) with whole/brown grains (brown rice, whole wheat pasta, whole grain breads, quinoa, barley, etc.). Cust way back on, or eliminate, meat and dairy. Eat beans, lentils, tofu, etc. If you are concerned about getting enough calcium, remember that beans and dark leafy veggies have a lot; there is a great article here: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/strong_bones.html

Answer by rkoloms at 6:02 AM on May. 11, 2009

• never
    s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 7:20 AM on May. 11, 2009

• no way- my baby's health for the rest of her life is much more important than me being able to diet. I can wait a couple years, but her immune system has to last her the rest of her long life, and I want to give her the best start possible.
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 7:20 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Nope. I changed to a healthier way of eating and living. Dropped all my weight and have kept it off. Oh and I'm not wandering around as a half starved cookie-zombie.

MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 7:23 AM on May. 11, 2009

• NO WAY IN HE!! would I do that. Yes my health is important, but I can wait a little longer to go on a diet and give my baby the best start in life. Besides you should be eating healthy any way while nursing and you can start to exercise to with out much effect to nursing when done correctly.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:28 AM on May. 11, 2009

• No way. Breastfeeding IS a diet. Do you know how many calories you burn while breastfeeding??

Eating healthy and exercising is what a diet IS, and you can do both of those while breastfeeding. :)
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 7:45 AM on May. 11, 2009

• No, breastfeeding is the best diet on Earth! Of course just like pregnancy, keep eating healthy
    PeytonNBella

Answer by PeytonNBella at 8:21 AM on May. 11, 2009