How would you deal with this kid?

Ok...assuming this kid has no medical problems (like autism or anything) how would you deal with him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4h7PgrCPWQ

Crystal2509

Asked by Crystal2509 at 7:30 AM on May. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• First of all. That commercial was flipping hilarious! I would have snactch him up at the first scream, thrown him over my shoulder and left the store, put him in the car, restrained him and see if we could chat about why he needed to be defiant. Hes obviously old enough to talk. THen if he couldn't calm down, I would just take him home. He would have never gotten to the part where he was destroying the store. No way. Obviously a child who acts that way have never been told NO. My kids have thrown fits of great magnitude but nothing where they have destroyed others property. I might have even considered taking him out and busting his butt in the car too. I wouldnt have just stood there like that guy did. But I love the commercial. TOTALLY true.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:27 AM on May. 11, 2009

• That is so funny!! If there is any real child who acts that way, I would love to get ahold of them for a week! I am a master of the word "No".

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 9:47 AM on May. 11, 2009

• If that was my child I would have spanked his butt right then and there.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:09 AM on May. 11, 2009

• first off- my kids would know better from the start that they dont act like that anywhere anytime and second of all if they had i would have beat their little butts to embarass them so they would never do it again! lol but that had to be one of the funniest commercials ever
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:16 AM on May. 11, 2009

• that child didn't wake up at his age and just start acting like that. we must train our children from very young on how to act in public. My children knew what they would have to deal with when they got home if they ever acted like that; however, if they had been brave enough to test me I'd calmly ask if they REALLY wanted to behave like that knowing the consequences? I got through 3 kids as teens (with my sanity intact) by asking that simple question when they got a burr in their saddle and wanted to act out. They never pushed me and we all are alive and well today bc they made wise decisions.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:20 AM on May. 11, 2009