I am 35 weeks. My baby is slightly big for 35wks Could I go into labor early?

I have three other children and I've delivered them all between 37 ti 39 weeks

MzGregg

Asked by MzGregg at 7:40 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My son measured big the whole time I was pregnant. I consistantly measured at least 2 weeks bigger than "average." I delivered him a week and a half early. It could just be that you have a big baby, but then again it could also mean that you may deliver early like with your other children. I think that if you have previuos children early, it is most likely that you will deliver early again. Either way, you will be meeting your new baby soon! Good luck and all the best!
    Danda08

Answer by Danda08 at 7:55 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Well if you delivered all your children between 37-39 weeks that is probably where he will fall into. Being big doesn't mean anything. How was it it determined he was big. Ultrasounds and palpating the uterus is notoriously off.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 8:23 AM on May. 11, 2009

• To me, and I had 5, it seems like they get bigger each time and the end of the pregnancy gets rougher each time. They don't always come earlier. My last one was 7lbs 14 oz and my first was 5lbs 4 oz. With my first the last few weeks really weren't that bad. With my fifth I kept feeling like I was going into labor but it would never really happen. So just because the kid is measuring bigger doesn't mean your go earlier. It just means your going to have a bigger baby.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 8:41 AM on May. 11, 2009

• My first son measured big thru the entire pregnancy and was 1 week late. With this pregnancy, he's measuring big as well, with no sign of being born early.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 8:42 AM on May. 11, 2009

• size of baby doesnt mean anything about when you go into labor. Honestly, even tho you went early with other kids, this baby doesnt have to come early...will come when ready :o) good lluck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:12 AM on May. 11, 2009