My husband doesnt want me to talk to his relatives on the phone.

He wants me to to tell him every time I talk to one of his relatives. HE acts mad when I talk to any of them. I see nothing wrong with trying to be friends with his sister or tell his Mom something reg. the kids. If I forget to tell him I spoke to one of them he screams @ me, and he tells them I never tell him anything- which is not the truth. Is he jealous- I dont know why he would be mad that I am trying to get along with his family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Does he have issues with his family? Personally I think he would want his wife to get along with his family, unless he doesn't get along with them. He should not be screaming at you for anything let alone wanting to stay in contact with his family, I am sure they want to know how the kids are doing. I think when someone holds the kids back form seeing family members because they have problems with them is wrong and the children are the one's that get hurt in the end. If this is the case. I am not sure of your case but a friend of mine is dealing with this right now but it is a way different scenario. Bottom line is finding out why he doesn't want you talking to his family. Maybe they know something he doesn't want you to know. Just a thought.
    CasualCandles

Answer by CasualCandles at 8:13 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Its his family, even though you might not agree with him you should respect his wishes.
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 8:12 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Maybe he is a little paranoid about what you talk to them about. Do you guys have any major issues in your relationship? Or does he have issues with his family? Maybe they know something about him that he hopes they are not telling you. It seams suspicious to me. My fiance LOVES it when i talk to him mom. It is important to him that we have a good relationship because he loves us both. He doesn't really care what we talk about. But i personally would think that he is paranoid of information being passed on either from your side, or his family's side.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:16 AM on May. 11, 2009

• It sounds like he has something to hide and he is afraid they might tell you his secret. If they call you, does he want you to be rude to them, hang up on them? If he has asked you not to call them, then you should honor that, but there is something he is hiding.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:27 AM on May. 11, 2009

• he's whacko
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on May. 11, 2009