how do u potting train for nigtime child .someone please me out

shorty38

Asked by shorty38 at 8:06 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i am not really sure what you are asking. if u mean potty training at night time, like over night? if that is the case what i did was cut off the liquids 2 hours before bedtime. then i had my dd sit on the potty right before she went to bed. if she got thirsty i would give her a couple of sips out of a dixie cup. she slept in a pull up. if she made it through the night with out going in the pull up she got to do something special in the morning...example would be make her her favorite breakfast. just some suggestions. hope it helps.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 8:25 AM on May. 11, 2009

• you can try to cut the drinks, but you may also have to wake your kid up in the middle of the night tp make him go. My DD was potty trained during the day, but not at night. Eventually she stopped wetting het pull ups and she got a cake that said congratulations. I have not used treats of any kind with my kids, I don't see the need.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:16 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Again, I will tell you the same thing I told the other mom. YOu cant train a child to not wet the bed other than getting them used to getting up and going on their own. Thats a bladder thing. Most of the time, if the bladder isnt mature enough to hold it...they just sleep right through. When they begin to wake up dry, then you know their bladder is doing its job. As a mother of 2 bedwetters...one until she was 11, I know the frustration of wet sheets and the smell of pee. She began refusing to wear pull ups at about age 8, but the wetting didnt stop. She was frustrated embarassed and her self esteem plummeted. So I had her put on medication at about 8 or 9. That really helped. A lot of kids take until about age 5 to get the hang of holding it at night, but its not something they can control.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:27 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I don't agree with the last mom. You can learn to control your bladder. Is that not the entire process of potty training? To learn what the sensation of using the potty is and learning when you need to go. We learn to hold it and learn the sensations. We need to teach our children to watch for signs of needing to go. If we teach our children we won't need to medicate them so much. I agree with treats for learning new things. When I first started potty training my 2 year old when she let me know she had to use the potty and went I gave her a treat. We did the pull ups at night and if she was dry in the morning we did something special and out of the ordinary. She will be 3 in Aug and is potty trained.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 AM on May. 12, 2009