clothes shrinking?

evvvverytime i wash/dry our GOOD shirts they come our smaller!! .. but not our t-shirts , they're fine!! WTH?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Home & Garden

• What brand are you buying?? First...NEVER dry a good shirt. I hang up all my button ups and my pols, as well as my kids. Anything that they wear in public goes on a hanger. Also if you have to dry it, then put it on low permanent press dry so that they dryer doesnt get hot. MOst of the time washing doenst shrink a shirt too badly but the dryer does. Also certain brands are BAD about shrinking. I know its annoying to buy a bit more expensive brands, but its all worth it. I bought my son a few polos at the Gap. They were just the solid pique polo and one of them came out two sizes smaller. I shouldn't have dried it but I forgot it was in there. Then I bought my younger son the same shirt from the same store,but the toddler sizes are thicker than the boys. It didnt shrink a bit. Tommy Hilifiger shirts shrink UP instead of in. All of the walmart clothes Ive ever bought shrink really bad. Nevertheless, just stop drying shirts.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:13 AM on May. 11, 2009

• yes i know the feeling!!! ive learned over the years your favorite clothes should be hung up to dry that way you have less chance of it shrinking. ive found that Old Navy clothes shrink so much more then any other brand ive bought. drives me crazy....but thats just how they're fabric is!
    jesslyne

Answer by jesslyne at 12:06 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I wash everything in cold water, and only put towels, socks and underwear in the dryer. I have not had any problems with shrinking.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:17 PM on May. 11, 2009