pregnancy tests

On Thursday (7th May) I took a preg. test and it came up positive....
Then the next day I took 2 test one right when I got up and another around 11 am (b/c my friend had a different brand test, so I wanted to take that one)....they both came up negative. Now....I would understand if I had neg. then a pos. but I had a positive then 2 negatives. What the heck do I do??? I am 4 days late. I have about 90 percent of the syptoms of being pregnant.
PLEASE help....THANKS!!!

crystal27b

Asked by crystal27b at 8:14 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• One positive is stronger then 2 negative! :-) I suggest a blood test to be sure! A friend of mine tested neg. 5 times positive once...... she was preg :-)
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 8:24 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Yes take a blood test, a friend of mine had 8 Neg preg test and she was preggo. Sometimes the HCG isnt strong enough yet for the test to pick it up. But a blood test is full proof...Good luck
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 8:31 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I have to explain to you that the test I took on Thursday was pos. ----then the one that was neg on Fri. morning was neg. (They were the same brand test).....so what's the deal with that. Differetn results....same tests.
    crystal27b

Answer by crystal27b at 8:51 AM on May. 11, 2009

• it may be the hormone level in your pee especially if this is your 1st pregnancy my advice would be to jusr go to the doctor so u can stop stressing about
    Rozzy720

Answer by Rozzy720 at 8:56 AM on May. 11, 2009

• this will be my 3rd pregnancy
    crystal27b

Answer by crystal27b at 8:59 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Its possiable that it was a flase posative but just go get blood taken and find out that way. thats the only way to know for sure. I had 3 pos. tests and when i had the blood work done it was neg. good luck
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:02 AM on May. 11, 2009

• my husband had a vasectomy over a yr and a half ago, and that is why I am wondering. I know it's possible to get pregnant after that sugery. Has anyone ever been in this situation. My husband wants a girl if I am.....I guess I can't blame him we have 3 boys.
    crystal27b

Answer by crystal27b at 9:51 AM on May. 11, 2009

• the first time i was prego i took 4-6 pregnancy tests they all said negative...all of them! I went to my doctors office they did a blood test...bam! i was pregnant....i dont trust home pregnancy test just for the fact that they dont always work. have your doctor do a blood test
    jesslyne

Answer by jesslyne at 11:55 AM on May. 11, 2009

• the only way that you get a positive test is if there is the hCG hormone in your urine. That hormone only gets their if you were just or are pregnant. You can also get a positive if you just had a miscarriage. if that hasn't happened then your preggers. make an appointment and you prolly won't get in for a couple of days so take another test in the morning. (if your like me and can't wait for the dr appointment.) btw I took three tests before I got a positive result and I'm 7 weeks preggers now! as long as you didn't misread the test, you are preggers.
    BethanyB930

Answer by BethanyB930 at 3:36 PM on May. 11, 2009

• now i have having light red spotting off and on. i've been reading about implantation bleeding...could that be it? my periods normally start out very very very heavy, so you would think i would know the difference between light red/pink and bright red. but i never had this with my first 2 kids either...so i am SO freaking confused. help
    crystal27b

Answer by crystal27b at 4:23 PM on May. 11, 2009