Are you ok with your kids saying "bad words"?

I hate when I see parents allowing their children to cuss...I think it's really sad.

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 9:17 AM on May. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't think it's appropriate for children to cuss. I think it makes them look uneducated and disrespectful. It also reflects on the parent.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:19 AM on May. 11, 2009

• No my hubby be cusing and i have to tell him to try and stop before the baby come here. I don't want him repeating words like that yet. especially if he ends up calling me one lol.
    Lucky120

Answer by Lucky120 at 9:19 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Of course not. How old are we talking....I'm not going to say anything once my daughter turns 18. If she wants to swear when she is an adult, that is her problem. I tell her it sounds gross & uneducated and so far she totally agrees.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:20 AM on May. 11, 2009

• For some reason, my goofy kids got it in to their heads that at a certain age, you can start saying foul words. So they asked me how old you have to be to say the "C Word". I said, "What!? What C Word are you talking about? Say it for me". My heart was about to fly out of my chest! Did my Dad Actually say that around my children!? That is how he refers to one of my aunts. (She kinda is) The said "Crap. How old do you have to be to say that"? My body felt like it was melting with relief. I told them they could say that when it was appropriate.

I tell my children that they need to be intelligent enough to choose the proper words for how they want to express them selves.  I clean it up around kids because I tend to have a bit of a potty mouth, which I am working on.

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 9:31 AM on May. 11, 2009

• What a silly question, of course not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Can't help it if the child is too young to understand but around lots of people who do. Luckily, no bad words from my daughter yet, but we live next to a salor and it's true what they say about their mouths!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I dont want my kids to be talking like that but i know that they will when they are at school. Just like i did when i was in school. But when i was around my parents and adults i knew that i couldnt talk like that and that i had to be respectful. So i hope thats how my kids see it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on May. 11, 2009

• It depends really. When I was a kid me and all my friends cursed around our friends. It was "cool". BUT....... we never ever spoke with anything but respect in front of our or eachothers parents. Or in school or what ever. So I mean kids are going to be kids. As long as they stay respectful I let them be kids.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:46 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I still don't use bad words in front of my mother.
    Chrissy629

• My little ones 9,6,5 are not allowed and know what bad words are. When my oldest son turned 13 I told him ha can say anything he wants save for the f bomb and taking the Lords name in vain. I swear at home as does my husband.We have explained proper places and such and he seems to have no problems.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 9:46 AM on May. 11, 2009