Did you ever stayed with a man who hit you....once?

I wasn't going to say anything but my S/O bloodied my nose yesterday. This is his first time ever hitting me! I'm still in shock, its like I'm in a daze because I never suspected him to do this to me. It was over him thinking that I am cheating on him because a very close and long time friend of mine called and wish me Happy Mother's Day. He hit me so hard that he made my nose bleed. I never had anyone strike me like that before, not to make my nose bleed. I put him out and called the cops on him and they issued out a warrant on him. I have so much hatred in my heart for him right now, but in the same token I still want him and want this to work. My mom was pissed and told me he would do it again. I just don't know what to. I'm always the stronger one to pull through. Anybody ever been in this situation, did you let the man come back and get counseling or something?

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 9:24 AM on May. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• This makes me sick to my stomach ,Don't you dare give him another chance to do it again,you are better than that,get your babies,and tell him to go straight to hell!! Nobody deserves to be a punching bag.I have seen it over and over again,if they do it once,they will do it again,and your children will never forget it.They are like little sponges absorbing up everything they hear,and see,until they think this all is normal.Protect yourself,and your babies.If you need to talk PM me.Take care sweety. If ya need back up call me,I still have a can of whoop ass I had'nt opened. lol
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 2:18 PM on May. 11, 2009

• My ex and I got into a fight and he slammed me against the door and held me by my throat. That was the first time. Caught me off guard. Never did I think he'd ever do something like that. I stayed with him for 6 more years. We got married and we had a baby. Throughout the relationship, he had a jealous streak a mile wide. After we got married, things went downhill quickly. He even punched a wall next to my head while I was holding our son (he was 7 days old.) 3 years ago, I divorced him and got the hell out. I have never looked back. My point is this, your SO may have only hit you once, he might have promised to never do it again. But the truth is, he will. And it will get worse. Don't play with fire unless you are prepared to get burned. This is a dangerous situation, if he'll hit you once, he'll hit you again. Walk away, no man is worth that. Most importantly YOU DESERVE BETTER!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:28 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Never been hit by a man and if I did, after the first time of doing so he would be gone.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on May. 11, 2009

• No girl I am stayingwith my first love, but if he hit me it is over with a capital O. Domestic violence is not something you want to happen to you or your kids. Yeah I have prob with mine, but he has not raised his hand yet. Sweetie to be honest I know you love him, but think of your kids and you. Counseling can be a good idea, but sometimes it won't help. He has to know why he hit you. Like what set him off, most of the time moms are always right and the man can say he never do it and he does. I wish you the best it is your home in the end it is your decision. Yeah it is hard to leave, but think of you and ur kids would you want him to hit them next?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Have the judge require anger management for him. Perhaps that will help him cope with his anger and teach him ways other than hitting. Some men do repeat the action once they strike a woman but what you did that was amazing is that you took matters in hand correctly and called the police. You showed him that was unacceptable behavior and you will not tolerate it. Stick to that principle no matter how badly you want him back. He will have time to think about what he's done and knowing he'll get the boot if he ever does it again might make him not turn into a chronic abuser. You are in control. Keep it that way and it should be fine. Jealousy is an ugly thing. Men just seem to lose it when they think their woman is cheating but ironic how they think hitting them would make them want to stay with him! It just makes no sense but then who said men make sense? I'm sorry he did this to you but make him prove he won't repeat

Answer by admckenzie at 9:32 AM on May. 11, 2009

• My ex hit me one time. We went to counseling over it to try to save our marriage. Then he hit me a second time. I had no family, no where to go, & didn't even want to admit to ANYONE that my family was falling apart. Eventually, my friend opened up her home to me & let me stay there for a year. After that year, i was able to pay for a car & rent life in general. So yes, i did stay. But I thought we should at least try to save our marriage. But, i learned that in reality, there was nothing to be saved. My life is a happy place now, for me & my daughter.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on May. 11, 2009

• A man hit me once. I went straight to my brothers without hesitation. They and their biker friends scared this man so bad he was afraid to even look at me. So would I stay with a man who hit me once? HELL NO! I'd hand him straight over to my brothers.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:42 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I will not be a woman who will be beat up by a man. If my husband ever laid a hand on me(or cheated)... he would be out.. and I would fight for full custody and I would move across country without thinking twice about it.

I agree with Chrissy- I'd hand him over to my 4 brothers. They'd really take care of him

But if he hit you once... HE WILL hit you again. I've never heard of a man not hitting a woman JUST ONCE. And if they do exist.. its like one in a million and I would take my chances finding out.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:48 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Good luck with your decision. I think it sounds like he is jealous, and since he did it once he might do it again. Jealousy produces a lot of anger. Have you been with him long? Also, think about your child(ren) and how it will affect them to see you being hit.
    grahamom

Answer by grahamom at 9:49 AM on May. 11, 2009

• If this man is your husband and you have made vows for life, for better, for worse, etc., then you have an obligation to try to help him get the help that he needs. If you are not married to him, then I believe this is as good a sign as you will ever have that you don't need to be married to him.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:52 AM on May. 11, 2009